Cadillac Owners Forum banner
3K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  HippieD9 
#1 ·
Hi There! I have a question and was wondering if anyone knew if you can swap a complete 4.5 Liter V8 in a 1988 Caddy Sedan Deville for a complete 4.9 Liter from a 91 to 93 Deville. The wrecker near my house says this is possible, and that he has done one before in an 87 Deville, he says the 4.9L directly bolt up and all you have to do is change part of the wiring harness and ECM to make it run as a Multi-Port fuel injected engine instead of throttle body. Just wondering of anyone else knew the particulars of being able to do this. Thanks, Mike.

#3 ·
You just can't do it that easily. I've swapped a 4.9 in for a 4.1 in a 87 deville, but kept the TBI injection. Converting to MPI is just way more work than you want to do! If i remember right, you reuse the intake and TB, and the old valve covers (JUST the covers, you want the 4.9 heads) and exhaust manifolds. Other than that it's pretty simple. Let me know if you need more info.

Peace,
D.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.