Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Wagon not quite a year old, hit in the rear last night

1K views 9 replies 5 participants last post by  hauler 
#1 · (Edited)
Snow is falling, but who cares. I learned to drive in Buffalo NY. Unfortunately, the driver of the Toy Highlander behind me didn't. I stopped behind a little Nissan waiting to turn left and the little woman driving the big SUV behind me didn't. I almost succeeded in getting out of her way - but not quite.

Need a new fascia and dents patched in the LH fender and tailgate - oh yeah, and a new LH tail lamp assembly.:rant2:

See less See more
#2 ·
Re: Wagon not quite a year old, hit in the rear last night :mad2:

Well, at least you are okay enough to vent! It is always amazing how people think technology can better the laws of physics, exhibit the Highlander driver. I really fear some of the new advances in technology in that they allow drivers to forget their skills!

#3 ·

Well, at least you are okay enough to vent! It is always amazing how people think technology can better the laws of physics, exhibit the Highlander driver. I really fear some of the new advances in technology in that they allow drivers to forget their skills!
Or never learn them! IMO, 'beginner' vehicles should be the most basic you can get - ABS & Airbags. None of the new bells and whistles that take virtually all responsibility away from the drivers. They need to learn to DRIVE FIRST, then they can get the bells and whistles.

#5 ·

I am disturbed by the commercials you see for the lane departure, the auto braking and all the other things, at the end of the commercial they always say "so you don't have to pay attention or learn how to drive, we will be there for you" My kids are going to get good modern safe cars but will have to take winter driving schools and a season of winter and summer autox to learn how to drive, whats the point of taking driving lessons when the teacher can't drive?

The weather has sucked in southern Alberta the last week and the only thing worse than the weather is the driving!

#6 ·

I am disturbed by the commercials you see for the lane departure, the auto braking and all the other things, at the end of the commercial they always say "so you don't have to pay attention or learn how to drive, we will be there for you"

The weather has sucked in southern Alberta the last week and the only thing worse than the weather is the driving!
What about the Flames?

#8 ·

When I went to pick it up yesterday, I could se that the LH quarter panel had been painted at a different time than the rest of the car. It has a slightly darker look and a different surface gloss. The small fender dent next to the tail lamp was patched in with a matching blue color, but the dealer insisted on clear coating the entire quarter panel, which now looks like it was repainted with a closely matching color - but not the same as the rest of the car.

Why couldn't the dealer's shop just clear coat the patched area and buff out the overlap. I had that kind of repair done on my 2004 Equinox, and in 2 or3 places on my 66 corvettes clear coat over the years, and none of it ever showed, AT ALL.:rant2:

#9 ·

Take it back.

Also, make a claim for reduced value should you sell it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.