Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Head light upgrade

3K views 12 replies 6 participants last post by  Guy.Seminerio 
#1 ·
Hi all. I have a 05 sts v6 and love the style of this car. Although I'd like to upgrade my head lights to a new look with LEDs. One light just started collecting moisture
So it's time todo something. I was wondering if anyone knows if there is a vendor
That has a cool LED look I can put on my baby? Thanks

#6 ·
I was thinking giving her the look of the new ats with the head lights. My running lights and lower diving lives are fine the way they are. I was hoping there was an aftermarket product that will swap out the old lamps for a newer look. Any ideas out there?

----------

I'm looking to change out the head lamps to LED to update the look. I like the new ats lamps and was wondering if there was an aftermarket set like that for my sts. Thanks agian

#9 ·
Nah the amber daytime running lamp is just that.. The DRL. also serves as signal. This is why when you operate your exterior lights manually, and turn on the parking lamps, the little "peanut" lights come on, not the DRLs.

I'll meet you in the middle. I'd say that the phrases "parking lights" and "marker lights" can be used interchangeably. When you park your car at night and switch to parking lights, you're marking your location so you can be seen.

I just can't agree that the amber lights are parking or marker lights.

#8 ·
dont get LED, get Sylvania silverstar or go full HID,
if you decided to go with HID just make sure the HID coversion kit is rated 55w not 35w.

and for vertical the LED stripe, i'm sure you can find something on ebay or something like that, i've seen a lot of cars with them and stock assembly.

#10 ·
Guy.Seminerio said:
Nah the amber daytime running lamp is just that.. The DRL. also serves as signal. This is why when you operate your exterior lights manually, and turn on the parking lamps, the little "peanut" lights come on, not the DRLs.

I'll meet you in the middle. I'd say that the phrases "parking lights" and "marker lights" can be used interchangeably. When you park your car at night and switch to parking lights, you're marking your location so you can be seen.

I just can't agree that the amber lights are parking or marker lights.
No argument intended. I just don't think that little peanut functions much as anything on our car lol.

#12 ·
peanut bulb is called city light. comes on with park light the amber turn/drl doesnt come on with park lamps. oh nevermind somebody said it already

----------

and if you go led make sure you do offroad led modules those are the only leds that dont cost 1000000 bucks that will light up the road but to be honest theyre too damn bright for oncoming traffic, i did led setup on my gtp since i felt peers were catching up to me on hid retro lol had to push the envelope now they wanna follow suit.

#13 ·
At first it seemed like he was talking about using LEDs for illumination of the road as in replacing his halogens/HIDs with LEDs. He's pretty much cleared it up though. Seems like he wants some kind of LED styling element similar to how the newer caddies have the vertical led strip. Whatever you do don't make it look like a ghetto Christmas tree like some people end up doing with that LED dot pattern crap in their headlights. Let us know how it ends up going.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.