Cadillac Owners Forum banner
1K views 1 reply 1 participant last post by  fullserviceman 
#1 ·
I just picked up this 88 eldorado and it seems to be running hot when not moving. Temp. reads about 212F to 219F is this normal? Seems kinda hot to me. has a 1 fan on inside of radiator and 1 outside seem kinda slow to me. I am haveing A/C troubles saying the refrigerant is low but it isnt, then I play around with the codes and it will work for a while this has got me very confused. Also getting a code E027 which looks like open throttle switch can that be caused by the idle control motor having the end missing off it? Any help here is appreciated on this being this car was a freebie with a perfect body and interior its worth fixing properly.

#2 ·
I meant to say also when the A/C is actually working and im idleing the fans seem to work properly and be on all the time as they should running temp stays at about 213 degrees.. But when the A/C screws up the fans do not run very long at all and my temp goes above 220 at a stop idle.....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.