Cadillac Owners Forum banner

TPMS sensors - what would you do?

3K views 9 replies 7 participants last post by  36dbldz 
#1 ·
Hey, so I just recently put 26's on my Escalade and they did not come with TPMS sensors, therefore now I get the annoying message every time I start the car "service tire pressure system" (or whatever, something like that). I wouldn't mind having the sensors, but the ridiculous cost of them (plus installation) is just too much (literally going to be between $300-500). Does anyone have any ideas? What would you do? Just go without sensors and live with the error message? Can I disable the message or disable the whole TPMS system? I've even looked at getting some used sensors (maybe $60-80) but still looking at around $200 just to install them. Someone else has got to have gone through this. Let me know your thoughts, thanks!

#3 ·
I got my 26's by trading a guy for my stocks (he had just bought the truck and it was for his wife so he didn't want the 26's). Even if I still had my stocks it would be $25 per wheel to uninstall them, and $25 per wheel to install them, plus the fee to program them to my truck. So well over $200.

#8 ·
first of all not all rims support sensors does yours, second of all i have a few sets of new sensors that i will not use if you can get me a part number of the ones you need and i have them ill send you some P.S. Why doesn't anyone put their city In their profile, thats the first thing i look at when offering help

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.