Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Greetings: first post

2K views 10 replies 9 participants last post by  DJinAC 
#1 ·
Hello all,

Didn't know the forum etiquette but figured this was my first post. Wanted to Introduce myself as a brand new Caddy ATS owner. I got a silver Luxury 2.0 Turbo. Originally, I was dead set on getting a 2013 Caddy CTS. The incentives were awesome. But when i got to the dealership it just didnt fell right, it didnt feel like "me" right now, possibly "me" in 3-5 years. BUT There was a beautiful silver ATS with Morillo Red Leather with these awesome 17" smoke black rims sitting on the show room. Man those rims were awesome but they were an additional $2500. I sat in it and it fit like a glove. I was torn because I was supposed to be getting a "grown up" car...a business car...I was torn. In the end, I went with my gut instinct and chose the ATS. It's funny I did very little research on the car. When I got home I was surprised to find out that my model did not have the LED's and LED foglights:annoyed: That's one of the aesthetics that I loved the most about this car...I hope that one day there will be an OEM swap, dealer told me it would be too hard or it would ruin warranty...oh well.

At the end of the day I love this car. I opened it up a bit on the street today and it was just awesome. Sitting at a stoplight here in LA on Venice and La Cienega the car next to me was staring at me...I realized I was grinning ear to ear bumpin some awesome music...and i just laughed. Looking forward to learning with you all. :)

P.S. I really wish I could have kept those rims and by the way, Lighting n dealership makes a huge difference

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Hello and welcome!
You made the right decision to buy the ATS instead of the CTS! ATS is a modern, very well designed car, whereas the CTS is a 6 year old design. Needless to say, 2013 is the last year of this generation of the CTS and the new generation will show up very soon.

And don't worry about the rims. You can always buy them if you want:
http://www.cadillac.com/2013-ats-luxury-sedan/accessories.html

As for the headlights, yes, the base and the luxury trims don't come with foglights and HID and LED headlights. Some has come up with some ideas to upgrade their cars:
http://www.cadillacforums.com/forum...scussion-forum/274124-hid-led-headlights.html

#4 ·
Just got mine recently too. Black Raven/Jet Black - :) I was smiling ear to ear when I test drove it - I was either going ATS, Impala LTZ or Buick Lacrosse Touring - Glad I started at the Cadillac dealer, I didn't drive the other two lol. I have not seen another ats on the road until this morning. I sped up to see who was driving it and my heart sank when I saw the Blue baseball cap - megwatt catarax sunglasses and a guy about 80 driving it lol..but I dun care. This car is fast and fuuuuun.

#7 ·
Welcome to the forum and great choice. The CTS is just too OLD for me and the ATS is a young looking car. I never thought I would get a Cadi as it was always an old persons car in my mind. Even though I'm 47 I don't feel or consider myself there yet.

Like you I just stopped in the dealership as I was looking for a car to replace my previous lease. I test drove and purchased the car the same day. No regrets at all. I do feel bad for you though as the lights are really cool for sure. However, I don't feel too bad as you get to drive a really nice ATS now lights or no lights :) Again, Welcome!

#10 ·
Hello matthewmugar,

Welcome to the forum! Congrats on your new ATS. I bet you are going to get a lot more stares coming your way. I see other forum members have offered their warm welcome for you too! We are happy to have you here as part of the community; a great way to stay connected and get advice from other Cadillac owners. We are here to help assist the best we can with any concerns or questions you may have and can be contacted via private message if you ever need to get a hold of us.

Sincerely,

Laura M.
Cadillac Customer Care

----------

I had the same dilema as you did as to which car to buy. The CTS was even cheaper at the same trim level. But since I was trading my 2008 CTS-I had the advantage of gotten it out of my system having driven one for 5 years. Don't get me wrong-it was the best car I ever owned. But the deciding factors were that the CTS looked exactly the same on the inside as the one I was trading in and the technology was 5 years old. I know I made the right decision and so did you.
Hello Felton10,

Glad to hear you are satisfied with your decision making of choosing the ATS over the CTS. I hope you are enjoying your ATS 2.5 luxury so far! Don't hesitate to contact us if you ever need help with anything.

Regards,

Laura M.
Cadillac Customer Care

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.