Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Help needed

975 views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  ECha3 
#1 ·
Has anyone experienced the fob battery lasting 30days only. Or the fob sending a false message that the battery is low? What did you do to fix the problem.

#3 ·
Hello Cadillac2011sts,

I apologize that you are experiencing a concern with your key fob on your STS. Is this something that you have brought up to a dealership? If you would like me to contact a dealership on your behalf regarding this issue, please feel free to private message me. You can also contact us at socialmedia@gm.com if you are not able to private message us because you are so new to the forum. Thank you very much for taking the time to read my post.

Gregory W.
Cadillac Customer Care

#4 ·
I wonder if there was a run of defective/marginal fobs. My old-style fob batteries last for years. I picked up a new-style fob from Tomm a while back and recently it has been going through a battery every few months. Is ther one with an issue a new-style fob, too?

I've begun parking my car farther away from my desk at work (in case this battery drain is related to proximity). I work for a small company and it is possible for me to park right outside my window. :)

I've also disassembled the fob and cleaned/adjusted all the contact points. I've also switched from less expensive (Ray-O-Vac) to the best batteries available - Energizer. Duracell are almost as good but research and comparisions of all available companies own CR2032 datasheets prove there is none better than Energizer.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.