Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Low Miles on 07 What maintance should I have done...?

2K views 15 replies 8 participants last post by  YoungBlood_STSV 
#1 ·
My 07 has only 16500 miles on it and I have put 3K on it since I bought it 2 months ago. What maintance should I have done other than the oil change? Should I flush the trans and change supercharger fluids? I am just wondering what else I should have done at the dealer, the car sat in a garage for most of its life. Any advice?

This car is all stock no mods have been done to it.

#3 ·
tranny fluid does age out if it were me id change the tranny,rear end, cooling system, and perhaps brake fluids--dont know about SC.I keep my cars at least 10 years--and do these fluids at 7--just me--I bring it to a trusted oil change place near me--its a Texaco brand---id leave the SC up to the dealer--The oil change spot is like half the dealer,and i can watch them do their stuff-f your ehere in Atl i can tell you which one i use

#5 ·
Well I am kind of concerned how it is shifting. When I roll to a stop sign and stop, once I put my foot on the gas again there is a lag in power and sometimes it catches hard on the first gear. Then second gear hits hard too. But it seems if I keep the gears engaged they shift fine, also they shift fine in manual too.

It just seems the motor rpm is up before the gears engage when coming off of a stop sign or a stop.

#12 ·
No, this happens when I am putzing around my neighborhood, it is not in sport or manual or competitive driving mode. I realize that everything is based off of mileage. That is why I am asking the questions here because the car has very low miles but is 6 years old and has sat most of its life in a garage. On average the car was driven 2250 miles a year until I bought it 2 months ago, that adds up to a lot of sitting time. Just because there are low miles does not mean the best thing for it is to act like all the fluids are great and brand new.

I am wondering how much of the "not regularly changed fluids" I should change that can get pretty pricey.

#13 ·
When I'm going at certain speeds, then I let off the gas, then get back on it, it'll sometimes slam into gear. I have a shift flare issue under moderate acceleration when shifting from 3-4 at approximately 25-30 mph and I've discovered it is MUCH more likely to happen the first couple of times I do it. In other words something is "warming up" and preventing it from happening later on in the drive.

#14 ·
Guy, I get that 'slack' thing only in 3rd gear. If I'm in slow moving traffic where I'm off the gas then on again, it seems like there is play or something that gets taken up as soon as I touch the gas and I feel a bit of a 'jerk'. I took it to the dealer a while back to have checked out and they said it was normal. I checked the rear diff bushing and it was fine. I live with it.

#16 ·
I wish a GM tech or engineer would give a full explanation of what this is. I've never really experienced it before and with so much torque in these motors it just 'feels' wrong. I got the same explanation that you did. "It's normal the diff is fine." I actually got a trans tune from Jesse (wait4me) and it totally eliminated the shift flare and it feels like it nearly eliminated the "slack" feeling. I don't notice it like I used to...then again my commute has changed and I have less of that 25-30mph on-and-off-the-gas driving; so one could be completely unrelated to the other.

Either way, those with shift-flare, go get a transmission tune. Jesse is probably the best in the country with these transmissions - dude works wonders

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.