Cadillac Owners Forum banner
22K views 45 replies 22 participants last post by  Blauweiss 
#1 ·
What do you guys think. Opinions please.

#3 ·
Katshot said:
I love the Deville but it's WAY out of it's league when compared to the LS430.
Depends on which Deville. If it is a plain, rental-fleet Deville I agree.

But if it was a fully optioned-out DTS, then thumbs up to the Caddy. :thumbsup:

#5 ·
It's a shame, but.. I think the Town Car is closer in comparison than the DeVille.. Cadillac is kinda lagging behind on some key issues.. The Lexus LS430 (yes, "just" a Toyota), is stealing customers away from the Mercedes S-Class.. It's a more complete automobile than the DeVille...

#6 ·
The LS 430 is really just a better car than the DeVille. That's just straight talk... and I own a DHS. Maybee at the end of the decade we can revisit this with the all-new DTS but for now it's a done deal. The DeVille does have a bit more character though...

#7 ·
Katshot said:
Comparing ANY Deville to a LS430 is ludicrous at best. You might "like" the DTS better but it's CERTAINLY NOT in the same league, sorry.
That is your opinion. and you know what they say about opinions...they are like...well, you know how the rest goes.

#8 ·
As much as I love Cadillac, the 430 wins this one hands down. Sorry guys, but a 430 is about as sweet as it gets, and a DeVille.....well, not quite. Maybe a Fleetwood Brougham d'Elegance.....pillowtop leather.....rims.....350.....maybe then.....lol

Brian

#12 ·
Style?
The Deville. Its subjective, but the redesigned Lexus LS bores me to death. The Deville might not be exciting, but it is appropriately expressive.

Overall?
The Lexus. The drive wheels are in the correct place, quality is proven, and the resale value makes it a good buy. Performance is nothing to sneeze at either.

Neither of these two vehicles are favorites of mine.

#15 ·
LS430 would appear to win this debaucle no contest...

However lest we forget the DTS freshening added almost all of the key components that it had been sorely lacking for so long.

*Heated Windshield Wipers
*Heated and Cooled Seats
*Xenon Lights
*Adaptive Cruise Control
*Advanced Navigation system with Voice Commands etc etc...

So with all that, the Deville would seem to be much closer. ALTHOUGH, when it comes to the styling factor...

I think this is one of the FEW cases where the Lexus product actually has SOME character, and certainly no less character than the new DTS. I dont think either one really screams style.

So its almost a dead-heat, but wont be for long because the new LS is coming soon.

#21 ·
My dad has a 04 Deville, i have an 04 LS....this is not a comparison. The LS has consistently beaten s-class, 7er's, A8's, XJ's. The deville isnt even in magazine comparisons. For people who actually buy these cars the LS is percieved by many as the finest luxury car in the world. for people who actually buy these cars, the deville is a rental car or at best something your dad drives, i.e. my dad drives one :)

#23 ·
Why would you let your dad drive such a disgraceful piece of shit then?

If you had a Picasso and a blank piece of canvas that would be a bit more like the situation. Sure the Picasso is more prone to breaking than the blank, but the Picasso Deville is cool looking whereas the blank piece of canvas LS430 is boring but better in other ways.

#26 ·
Brett said:
oh and yes, the LS can definitely be boring, but the deville doesnt exactly strike me as a dynamic driving experience
But the styling and heritage is 100 times more interesting than anything lexus HAS imo. NO ONE TOUCHES CADILLAC FOR TECHNOLOGY AND TOYS, granted, Lexus is not a skimper in the technology department. I just cannot get excited about them. Yes, I've been in one.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.