Cadillac Owners Forum banner

o2 sensor change

1K views 12 replies 6 participants last post by  jake99seville 
#1 ·
I have to change an o2 sensor tomorrow o was wondering if they're a bitch to do or what?? I believe the one I gotta change is bank 2 sensor 1....

----------

Any special tools needed??

#8 ·
If your replacement was the cure for the problem, the SES will extinguish after 3 successful start-run cycles during which the fault does not reappear. IF the fault is cured, the car will not be ready for an emissions test until all emissions systems have had a chance to be monitored and then set the 'ready' flags for the test set.

#10 ·
Does anyone replace the O2 sensors as a routine maintenance item or just wait for a code?
I'm sure you can find so-called knowledgeable folks who recommend scheduled O2 sensor replacement. But you will not find any reference to an O2 sensor replacement schedule in the Owner's Manual.

Degraded performance does not throw a code.
Under a complex set of test conditions O2 sensor performance will set one or more P codes.

FWIW, I found this article on O2 sensors. Granted, they want to sell a tool to test them
And I expect they will sell a boatload of them.

However, your Onboard Diagnostic system is constantly monitoring O2 sensor response to the PCM action of commanding the fuel mixture very slightly lean followed by commanding the fuel mixture very slightly rich and comparing the sensor voltage waveform to a known baseline. Federal EPA mandated test procedure.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.