Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Cadillac accessory sport grille for 2012

2K views 10 replies 4 participants last post by  arw1510 
#1 ·
Does anyone have any real pictures of the sport grille? Part number 22822576 the website lists it as bright finish, while some say its solid black. The picture on the website sucks so I was looking to see if anyone has another picture of it. I've already painted my stock one black but the continuous rock chips are bugging me

#4 ·
#6 ·
The link above has the answers you need. I saw one up close and it is not by any means an upgrade or any better than the stock grille. Go for an E & G mesh if you really want to improve the look of your car. They have many options and you can by them from certain authorized dealers cheaper than the GM grill and spend no more on the install either. I just did it and it looks absolutely spectacular.

#7 ·
Xav8tor said:
The link above has the answers you need. I saw one up close and it is not by any means an upgrade or any better than the stock grille. Go for an E & G mesh if you really want to improve the look of your car. They have many options and you can by them from certain authorized dealers cheaper than the GM grill and spend no more on the install either. I just did it and it looks absolutely spectacular.
I as still confused by the gm accessories website saying "bright finish" which those are not. And also from other posts, there seems to be 3 different ideas of what the grill actually looks like

#8 ·
Honestly, I wanted a GM part as an upgrade, but like I said, I went to a dealer that had one and looked at it closely. The GM website and catalog are simply misleading, if not totally incorrect.

I could describe it three different ways too: all four letter words. The aftermarket options are far superior.

#10 ·
Just do a search for a local car with the touring package or find a parts dept. with one in stock, have them take a few pics, and see for yourself like I did. As for the aftermarket grilles I'm talking about, that must mean you think the stock grilles on the V's look like crap too, because that's exactly what many of the E & G's look like, except they're much higher quality. I wanted to stick with an "official" GM grille too, but the so-called sport grille on the touring package coupe was not black, and certainly not aggressive looking, as it's marketed to be. Part of the confusion is the possibility that the GM accessory sport grille, and the one in the touring package, are not the same, but I've seen both, and neither looked that much different than stock to me.

#11 ·
Per RAB, the part numbers from the accessory website and the one included in the touring package, do not match up.

I like the ones on the V but since they are a different shape, in a different bumper, and different hood , it works. I think just have a mesh grill for the regular bumper is too big.

I've tried two dealers so far and neither parts dept could tell me anything

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.