Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Interior questions

1K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  Crystal Red CTS-V 
#1 ·
Starting to get serious about buying my V. Have a cpl of interior questions.

1. How hard is it to keep the Light Titanium interior clean ???

2. The suede steering wheels/shift knobs. Do they wear out faster than the regular leather?? Bad enough to avoid ???

Thanks for any replies.

#4 ·
1. How hard is it to keep the Light Titanium interior clean ??? I have two wagons with titanium interior. It's about the same IMHO - easy to clean and using something like Aerospace 303 protectant makes it even easier. Black will hide damage slightly better, but just go with which one looks the best with your color choice as either color will wear and show if you abuse it. IMHO, Titanium is worth it - but I don't let kids drink kool aid while I autocross either!

2. The suede steering wheels/shift knobs. Do they wear out faster than the regular leather?? Bad enough to avoid ??? The only downside is the suede is actually slipperier than leather - which surprised me. But it looks soooo much cooler, is very comfortable, and you can always put on some pimp driving gloves like a 1980's hollywood hitman for HPDE's - it really makes for a fun atmosphere!

#6 ·
I LOVE the titanium interior. it's so classy! It works so well with my silver sedan. My car didn't come with the suede wheel and shift knob and I'm glad. I don't think it looks that good in the interior of the otherwise gorgeous V. Also, it's a lot more maintenance. There isn't much if any maintenance on a leather wheel, but with suede, well, that's another story. It gets really dirty as it really absorbs the oils in your hands and after a while it looks pretty bad.

#8 ·
1. How hard is it to keep the Light Titanium interior clean ???

Can't answer this as I have the black and yellow interior. The fake suede is easy to clean.

2. The suede steering wheels/shift knobs. Do they wear out faster than the regular leather?? Bad enough to avoid ???

Nope. I love the feel. You can easily clean them if they start to lose the new look. People who don't agree, just haven't taken the time to clean it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.