Cadillac Owners Forum banner

well damn..

1K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  boomys10 
#1 ·
finally got my car retuned, and its slower than before im pretty sure. raced a "stock" g8gt (nothing visible, so thinking maybe only tune if that) and it ran side by side with me. NOW, I do think I have a small exhaust leak from when I gutted the cats and some damned how the intake got ripped off the mounting point and has a huge hole in it, (its taped until I can find a welded down here to weld it back up).

NOW this is the part I don't get, everyone else seems to be pretty damned close in trq and hp, mine is pretty far off. 403 hp and 361 trq. for those that don't know my mods, timmyc intake and pulley. cats gutted and muffler delete. I would expect to see more trq than hp from what I have seen with others dyno graphs and numbers that have been posted. any ideas here? want to do another round of mods next week, but don't want to spend the money if something might need to be fixed. (these numbers from a mustand dyno)

thanks in advance yall.

#3 ·
My brother has 08 g8 gt. We ran three times. I lost by half a car from 0 to 100mph and full car second run ( baldish tires on v). I won from 60 to 130 by half a car. At the time I had corsa axel back with stock tune and his g8 had full solo exhaust, Intake and a tune from Pat outta Texas. Much different outcome now with added mods :) traction seemed to be the killer for me at that point. His g8 makes 410 whp now and chirps first three gears with no wheel spin( great traction IMO). I think you might have a lil something up with your V. Good luck with the fix.

#4 ·
Definitely sounds like something is wrong.
I had a G8 GXP M6 (RotoFab Intake / no tune / Goodyear Eagle RS-A tires) and STS-V (Corsa / no tune / Michelin Sport A/S Plus tires) at the same time and ran them against each other multiple times. With different people driving each car the outcome was always the same. They are evenly matched with the STS-V winning by a car sometimes or the G8 GXP winning by a car. The G8 was manual so it came down to if you shifted perfect you won if you didn’t you lost. The STS-V was better from a dig and the G8 was better from a roll. Now keep in mind this was a GXP not a GT so you should have beat the GT easily if it was stock.

#5 ·
Got any HPtuner scans from the dyno? You're about 30rwhp down from where you should be. Mine made more torque than that when it was stock. It might be that the dyno is reading way low too.

Any post-MAF or pre-o2 sensor leaks are going to cause problems. That might have something to do with it.

#6 ·
So many questions.............

If you don't have the scan from the Dyno you can't answer any of my questions or Tim's. Like timing, KR, temps, fueling, etc..... Did Dave run a scan when you dyno'd? Did you talk to Dave about it?

#7 ·
hp tuners wasn't hooked up when dyno was done. it was done a street tune, I can see if dave will send it to me, cant say/do much past that. I just know unlike the other hptuner cars there isn't much knowledge for these. the car runs SO MUC SMOOTHER NOW, just wanna make sure the numbers are correct or if something is "to safe" I did have a leak in the intake where it was ripped off the mount. no idea how that happened, but looking to find a shop to weld it back up, taped it tonight better than It was last night. the cats have a slight leak from after I gutted them but the second o2s are turned off so per what you said that shouldn't matter either way.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.