Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Anyway to look up service history?

3K views 19 replies 7 participants last post by  bigirb2002 
#1 ·
I come from Lexus and with them I can go to Lexus website enter the vin and see the service history of the car at the dealer. Anyway to do this with escalade?

#4 ·
As you are aware, CARFAX is just a silly marketing tool - only a very few repairs overall are reported to Carfax. A GM dealer (using the VIN) can pull all services performed at any GM dealer but won't have anything done at independant shops. Many used Escalades are leased which almost assures dealer service since is covered.

#5 ·
BDuncan said:
As you are aware, CARFAX is just a silly marketing tool - only a very few repairs overall are reported to Carfax. A GM dealer (using the VIN) can pull all services performed at any GM dealer but won't have anything done at independant shops. Many used Escalades are leased which almost assures dealer service since is covered.
I checked the carfax before I got mine(free from the dealer) and it had the same as the dealer history report but I must have be lucky(still trust the dealer though)

#6 ·
Dealers have jumped on the Carfax band wagon realizing that they get the benefit of all the Carfax advertising. If a dealer has a used vehicle with a clean internal history, then they load that info into Carfax so they can give a copy to a potential customer. In some cases the info may already be in Carfax. Dealers realize the average customer believes in Carfax so they might as well take advantage of all the hype. There can be very good info on Carfax but it's what's not there that is the concern.

#7 ·
Hello grayparatrooper,

If you contact your local dealership and speak with the service department, they can access your service history on your vehicle with the provided VIN. We are unable to give you service history information, which is why we direct you to your dealership. Please let us know if you have other questions or concerns.

Sincerely,

Laura M.
Cadillac Customer Service

#9 ·
BDuncan said:
Dealers have jumped on the Carfax band wagon realizing that they get the benefit of all the Carfax advertising. If a dealer has a used vehicle with a clean internal history, then they load that info into Carfax so they can give a copy to a potential customer. In some cases the info may already be in Carfax. Dealers realize the average customer believes in Carfax so they might as well take advantage of all the hype. There can be very good info on Carfax but it's what's not there that is the concern.
I know that's why I checked with my local dealer also

#14 ·
grayparatrooper said:
I called they said the car didnt have any service history at their dealership I assumed it was a nation wide database. Anyway a little more searching and I found the supposed nice 75k car I was looking was actually this pos http://www.salvage-cars-for-sale.info/salvage/for-sale-cadillac-escalade-2006-MjgzNjI1ODI I'm bummed
Salvaged means it has been wrecked before or has been in a flood(not a good choice)
FYI most dealers are only able to see the warranty work if they weren't the dealer the truck has been normally serviced at

#16 ·
GM has now linked up their dealer databases so you can check any dealer work done ... i don't know how to pull that up but my service guys do

i can pull up the warranty info that's done at any dealer but there is a new way to pull up any dealer work done ... i just don't know how to do that yet

#17 ·
RippyPartsDept said:
GM has now linked up their dealer databases so you can check any dealer work done ... i don't know how to pull that up but my service guys do

i can pull up the warranty info that's done at any dealer but there is a new way to pull up any dealer work done ... i just don't know how to do that yet
Thanks for the tip Chris next time I go to my dealer to get my shocks done(I know I have been putting it off) I will check the history again and see if it has more on the list

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.