Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Bose Lux question

1K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  the cadillac man 
#1 ·
I decoded all the RPO codes to find out what options my EXT has and I found code:UQ7 Premium performance enhanced audio bose. Would this be what is referred to as the LUX system? In looking through the entire list of RPO codes I could not find anything with the description "LUX".
I am thinking of swapping in a later model with the touch control Nav. so I need to know what I have in there now.
Thanks

----------

With a little more research I figured it out. I have the Y91 code so I have the LUX.

#2 ·
65kaiser said:
I decoded all the RPO codes to find out what options my EXT has and I found code:UQ7 Premium performance enhanced audio bose. Would this be what is referred to as the LUX system? In looking through the entire list of RPO codes I could not find anything with the description "LUX".
I am thinking of swapping in a later model with the touch control Nav. so I need to know what I have in there now.
Thanks

----------

With a little more research I figured it out. I have the Y91 code so I have the LUX.
It's the y91 rpo code that denotes the lux Bose amp and radio and along as the radio came out of a y91 truck or suv it will work(yukon Denali, Cadillac escalade (all models))
Once you have got a radio it will need a vin relearn(if used) and the GPS antenna(again if used)
The install procedure is simple but if you need to know how I can do that(I have pics on how to remove the radio)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.