Cadillac Owners Forum banner

To all those who said they were "in" on the Clear Fogs group buy

2K views 26 replies 10 participants last post by  WesH8398 
#1 ·
We needed 15, and finally got 15+ confirmed. Now, those who previously confirmed aren't taking the next step to make this happen. That's BS, guys... C'mon. Get on that thread and fulfil your commitment!!

#2 ·
Link?

#5 ·
This is the list of people who confirmed on the original GB thread. Not sure who, but was told that only 4 or 5 of these people have made the next step to come good on their commitment...

POS VETT
Fastone27
fre1102
ONEBADCADDIE
Texas Vee
WesH8398
fej
BradCTSV
FoD
strapp1000
KB V
Ak Jim
253 ctsv
rand49er (wasn't 100% committed)
Dan Gurney (ditto)

#6 ·
This is the list of people who confirmed on the original GB thread. Not sure who, but was told that only 4 or 5 of these people have made the next step to come good on their commitment...

POS VETT
Fastone27
fre1102
ONEBADCADDIE
Texas Vee
WesH8398
fej
BradCTSV
FoD
strapp1000
KB V
Ak Jim
253 ctsv
rand49er (wasn't 100% committed)
Dan Gurney (ditto)
Yikes, Wes, not sure how I got on your list. This is the only post I made on that thread which was on 1/22/13.

"Clear fogs and sidemarker lenses are the way our cars should've been born with. C'mon guys ... get on the list!"

Plus, I've already got STS-V clear fogs and am very happy with them. Sorry for any confusion.

#8 ·
Randy - it's not "my" list. I'm just trying to help out the organizer(s) of this group buy. The list is just copied from the original GB thread. The OP/organizer had complied it. You were on the list as a maybe, basically. I think its the same case with DanGurney. I'll report back to that thread that you're NOT in. Musta been a misunderstanding. No biggie.

DARKMAN - wow, I think this is the first time I've ever seen you post a question (and not an answer to one)!! I almost feel like you're messin with me. Haha

From what I've read, the bumper does NOT need to be removed to install these. You can access everything from underneath and through the wheel wells (after pulling the liners put a bit).

#10 ·
Yeah...I was never "in" for the Group Buy. I said this in that thread, "I too am interested in the Fogs and Sides." I never heard another thing about it after that. Was never notified that the GB had proceeded any further than the "looking into" phase. I would think for someone to organize a GB, he would have to get some sort of communication going with both parties (buyer/seller).

#12 ·
I made the list he posted. To me, "I too am interested in the fogs and sides" in a thread about a group buy specifically, after the price has been posted, means to me you want to be part of the group buy.

I suppose I should have read that literally--I myself am 'interested' in purchasing a Bugatti EB110. I'm not going to, but I'm interested. I guess you're interested in the fogs in the same way I'm interested in a Bugatti.

Then again, I expect if I posted "I'm interested..." in a for sale ad about a Bugatti, the seller might infer that as a wish to purchase the car...

Anyway, I made that list. I couldn't tell about the last two on it. Anyone else on that list that is only 'interested' in a strictly conceptual sense? I'd either like to do this or not.

I'll post up a new list of people that have emailed or pm-ed me in that thread.

#14 ·
I was part of a group buy once. Fuzzy put it together. He made a "who's interested thread" then I think once he found a dealer a "who's in thread" then he sent me a pm to confirm. We exchanged multiple PM's. it was probably like a month of overtime on his part. 2 months ago I was interested. But I went a different route. I don't remember there being a date? Last time I looked I didn't really see anything new and wasn't sure if the op was even still looking into it. After I posted I didn't see any "right on that makes 12 we just need 3 more" or anything to lead me believe it was ever going to happen. If you want to organize a group buy, ORGANIZE it. Don't complain and call people out on forums

----------

P.S. if u haven't heard from me since you gave a for sure $ and date I haven't made any commitment

#15 · (Edited)
I was part of a group buy once. Fuzzy put it together. He made a "who's interested thread" then I think once he found a dealer a "who's in thread" then he sent me a pm to confirm. We exchanged multiple PM's. it was probably like a month of overtime on his part. 2 months ago I was interested. But I went a different route. I don't remember there being a date? Last time I looked I didn't really see anything new and wasn't sure if the op was even still looking into it. After I posted I didn't see any "right on that makes 12 we just need 3 more" or anything to lead me believe it was ever going to happen. If you want to organize a group buy, ORGANIZE it. Don't complain and call people out on forums
I don't know who o.p.-ed the group buy, but I'll do it now, which is why I made the list asking for confirmation. If you're window shopping, that's fine with me, that's the reason for the list--to see who really wants in and who doesn't.

I posted the list in the other thread. If you're in, great, say so. If not, also fine. I think Wes wanted to know who was in as well. Since there isn't really another option anywhere near that price with fogs that actually work, this (group buy) seems like a good idea to me.

I'm slightly tempted to buy however many excess the seller needs then re-sell them myself, but that would make the price just about what he wants now outside of the group buy.

#18 ·
WesH8398 said:
So, rag on the guy who's trying to save EVERYONE some money, on his OWN time, not taking ANY kickback for it, and don't take ANY responsibility or ownership of it yourself. That'll get things done real fast. LOL This is just a small example of what's wrong with this world. Nobody gives a shit about a "greater good" anymore. It's all about #1.

I'm not the organizer. Just someone who said I was interested (and actually meant it), and would like to see this thing take off. If I were the organizer, people with this type of attitude would have me saying "**** it" in no time. Why should I bust my balls to save some dick like that any money...

fre1102 - How many have you got re-confirmed at this point? Also, apologies if my starting this thread complicates things further. I just thought that the other one wasn't titled all that clearly that it was a group-buy, and it was also in the section of the forum that gets the least attention. So I thought this might help out a bit. Seems as though it's attracted a couple confirmations anyway...
I'm raging on the idiot who started the post calling people out for being "in" and not living up to their "commitment". I was interested months ago. I never heard anything about it and assumed it fell through. I'm no longer interested. Had someone made another post titled "clear fog group buy" then compiled a list of people who were ready to pull the trigger in the next couple weeks you'd see there aren't 15 people. you coulda sent 14PM's. There never were 15 people ready to buy. As for what's wrong with this world? It's cry babies like you IMO. Pony up the extra $50 to buy your stupid lights and stop crying about it.

You know why I didn't respond earlier? Because I never actually talked to anyone about a group buy and didn't think I was on "the list". All I'm saying is, there's a right way that works and a wrong way that doesn't when organizing a group buy. This would be the wrong way.

#20 ·
I'm the "idiot" that started this thread, but I'm not the GB organizer... Just trying to help. And your "rage" really doesn't mean fack all to me. If you wanna consider this a call-out - be my guest. I would say your defensiveness is basically an admission to deserving to be called out. Just my opinion though. The same opinion that says the name calling is just your typical pot calling the kettle scenario. No skin off my back.

Here woulda been a good idea ... How about taking a moment to go back to where you SAID YOU WERE IN and maybe posting a quick "Hey, if this is still being worked on, sorry fellas, but I've found something else", or something to that effect? Seems a little more reasonable to me than just "assuming" that it's fallen through (which would have been tough to do had you kept an eye on the thread where updates were provided). I don't know, maybe expecting a little common courtesy is just too much to ask. I suppose I'll head to my corner and cry about that too ...

#21 ·
Yeah maybe I would have said somthing, but I forgot about it. A little communication would have fixed that. Someone sending a message asking if I'd be able to buy within the next month and saying how many people we had. I'm clearly in the majority here or you wouldn't have had a reason to make this thread.

#24 ·
Wes, GBs are like leading a dog to water. You can do it, but you can't make 'em drink. GBs are notoriously difficult to pull off. It's like carrying an arm-load of jello.

Oh, btw, I'm not in.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.