Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Disappointed w/D3

4K views 20 replies 10 participants last post by  06 STS Rob 
#1 ·
So, I ordered the stage 1 intake from D3. I heard all of the talk about saving money with the Spectra but decided to go right to the source instead.

5 weeks has gone by and still no intake.... I have called a few times to find out what the delay is and was told that there's a clamp that is holding up the shipment. Now, I do understand that these cars are a rare breed but when your told the part is in stock, and the shop is only 2hrs away in traffic, you would think that it would arrive in less than a month right?
Besides the part still not being shipped, my big disappointment has been with the customer service. I have been told 3 times "let me take a look and give you a call back" with no return call.
Has anybody here delt with these guys? Did you have the same kind of experience? Is this because I'm not a member of the CTS-V or the ATS family? With full intensions of adding the stage 2 and dyno tune to my V, I am now reconsidering giving my hard earned money to a shop with little to no customer service.

Not sure if D3 is a major sponsor to this forum or not... I've been on forums where bad mouthing sponsores gets you kicked out but I feel this needs to be shared.

#3 ·
That's it...the intake was "in stock" Had I ordered it from ebay, it would have been on my car weeks ago. I just wanted to order it staright from them since I had plans of doing stage 1, stage 2, and dyno tune at their shop...
If the sales guy were to tell me, sorry the intake is on backorder...there wouldn't be an issue. They were quick to charge my card though...that's for sure!

#6 · (Edited)
Tim, pm me with the details of your intake. I'm concerned about getting codes with an intake. I've only seen your headers, heat exchangers, ect. Both top notch btw!

It all sounded good in my head...order from the shop that's local, get their intake, have them dyno it, make over 500hp with no codes or engine issues, and all is well.

Has anyone here had them do a dyno tune? I've heard the d-tronic isn't woth the 7 bills and Tim....your just too far away man. They quoted me $800 for the first tune and $100 for any addition tunes. (if adding more parts ect.) Just wondering if it's worth being just a number in order to get a tune.

(edit) found Tim's intake thread. Will be trying to get my money back from D3 and looking into Tim's.

#7 ·
If you are worried about "Going to the Source" then have Church do your tune. They are who tunes for D3 anyway.

#9 ·
I had mine dyno tuned at Church's Auotomotive in Wilmington. They charge $450.00 for the tune. My car
runs great now. Of course if you call them they will not do a dyno on your car if you have D3 equipment
installed. If you use D3 equipment then you have to pay their inflated middleman mark-up. I had no
problem with the Spectre intake prior to getting the tune. Well worth the 4 1/2 bills.

I also will not deal with D3 because I have had a bad experience with the parts they sold me.

Kirk

#16 ·
i have removed and installed several TB on my car, its not bad at all. just take off the strut brace over the engine, remove the factory intake or aftermarket one. once those are removed MAKE SURE THE CAR IS COLD!!!!! just take a little mirror and hang it over the tubes against the firewall and put a little light in there. it only took me about 10min to remove and reinstall once i did this method. also, put an oring on the bolts to help hold them in place. thats how i have done it, and its been done 4times on my car to this point. ive gotten decent at it. lol

#19 ·
Just be careful when wiggling it out not to break the evap valve. If you do break it the cost is around 45-50 bucks. Don't ask how I know........

#20 ·
Springs?!! HAHAHAHA! Unless you find them used somewhere, you will never get them! I called them over a YEAR ago to order springs and was told that they were on backorder. I sent emails, and called periodically, only to get the "backorder" routine. One day, I did get a call...they told me the springs were in, and would ship. I gave my payment info, and asked the person if he needed my VIN, as their ad says it is necessary for proper mounting. He went silent, and then said " No, there the same for all CTS-V vehicles". I reminded him that I have an STS-V, to which he said, "sorry, my mistake, we don't have those in yet, they're on backorder". I called last week and have been told by D3 that since the vehicle is discontinued they will no longer be carrying the springs...I wouldn't buy valve-stem caps from those guys...

#21 ·
See...that's the part that sucks. If they quit making parts for the S that's fine, just don't tell a guy it's "in stock", take his money, and 6 weeks later still not have a clue as to when it will ship. Since they don't have anything to offer the S guys anymore, I'm hoping that the Cadillacs and coffee event will at least change my opinion on them in general.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.