Cadillac Owners Forum banner

WTB - CTS-V shift knob

12K views 37 replies 15 participants last post by  D3l7a3ch0 
#1 ·
Want to buy a V model shift knob, then my stock one will be for sale or somewhat of a trade?

Want
View attachment 103655

#20 ·
From pictures it doesn't seem to be any different shape - is it? What about weight - is it any heavier by any chance? If its just an aesthetic mod, I'll knock it down on my list a bit for now. Also looking at Lloyd "V" mats (gonna go with black mats on my grey carpet), clear fogs (group buy going on!), and a 2nd ECM to send away for some programming/tuning. Oh, and saving up for an LS7 clutch swap sometime (if I could just stop nickel 'n' dime-ing myself to death!). Spring must be in the air, eh!! :)

#24 ·
It bolts right up...they are identical. I have the leather version of the V2 knob.

V2 Knob on Left, V1 Knob on right.

#27 ·
Now that I've done some research, I don't know if I can justify $110+ on basically just replacing that top cap with a V emblem rather than what's there now. For the extra $, I think I'm leaning towards a TWM Desert Eagle in satin. I think the 1.2 pound weight will improve shifts a bit [especially since I had Brian (PISNUOFF) shorten the height of my shifter, thus reducing leverage a bit).
I'll admit that it doesn't look quite as "in place" as the V1/V2 knobs, but the functionality helps me justify the cost. :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.