Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Front seat removal...

24K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  rayrod354 
#1 ·
Anyone know how to remove the front driver and passenger side seat? Need it asap. Thanks.

#2 · (Edited)
Remove the headrest. In the post that doesn't have the thumb press, there is a little hole for you to insert a paper clip. It's easiest with a second person, one to press the thumb button and the paper clip while the other removes the headrest.

Then there are all the connections. After those are unplugged, there should 2 bolts in the rear and that's it. Of course you have to get the seat into the "right" position in order to wiggle it out. What that is, well you have to figure it out.

KOT

#3 ·
Kingoftypos said:
Remove the headrest. In the post that doesn't have the thumb press, there is a little hole for you to insert a paper clip. It's easiest with a second person, one to press the thumb button and the paper clip while the other removes the headrest.

Then there are all the connections. After those are unplugged, there should 2 bolts in the rear and that's it. Of course you have to get the seat into the "right" position in order to wiggle it out. What that is, well you have to figure it out.

KOT

----------

KOT
KOT, my driver seat has a slight looseness to it... When I step on the brakes and come to a stop the seat slides backwards or forwards slightly due to momentum. I mean like barely a few centimeters, it's not sliding around or anything, but it's enough to be annoying as hell. It should be solid and planted.
Would taking off the seat like this give me a clue as to what needs to be tightened? It seems like it'd be the rail or whatever. Any ideas?

#5 ·
Crazy thing is that I spent more time looking this up and worrying about how to do it then it actually took to do. There was one bolt on the floor under a plastic cover and one bolt on the rail. It too a few minutes to remove the bolts and approximately 5 minutes to lift the seat from the back, unplug the wires and pull it out of the vehicle. The easiest thing ever. About 10 minutes total per seat. And I searched for a way to do this for hours and days. Lmao.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.