Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Black headlight mod.

21K views 81 replies 20 participants last post by  Envy 
#1 ·
Hey guys,
Coming from a Toyota tundra where all we did was this mod, myself and a friend are gonna start doing the V lights too. I am going to do mine first and post pictures. For those of you who are scared to do this yourself and would rather pay to have it done feel free to PM and we can figure it out. With labor, time, core exchange for those of you who need it, and materials I am looking in the $300 a set range.
Also if you would like to add oracle halos to your lights we can arrange that too.
I am away from home right now for work but am going to start taking orders in February once I complete mine.....stay tuned and PM me for preliminary interest.

Thanks
Mike

#10 ·
Well new headlights are around 800-1000 a piece i believe. So dependent upon what people want to do, I was going to pick up a core pair or two depending on number of customers, send those out to people while they send me thiers to mod, and when complete swap back. Or if your car is garaged or not driven daily, just send your set to be done. Turn around time is about 5 days from your door to my door, work completed, and then mailed back.
So back to your question, the only real cost if your sending me your lights is the cost of the painting, halos (if you add them) and shipping.

#16 ·
Started the process today. The housings were blast cabinet sanded, primed x 3 coats, and so far one coat of textured black. They will look awesome! cleaned all of the old silicone from the tracks to get a nice flat surface to re-seal. Also did one coat of VHT over amber marker.

#17 ·
Sorry for not completing the above post, posting from the iPhone sucks.

Anyway.......I am going to be gluing my lights back up tomorrow and finish tinting the amber lights. We already have one customer, Ben at Weapon X.
Once I get finished product pictures up for everybody, I will be taking orders for the beginning of febuary moving forward. I will post a different thread with all the pertinent details for all of you on all of the finishes, colors, and Halo's installed.....yes Halo's folks!

the attached photo is after 3 coats of the textured black paint on the internal housings. They look great!

http://i1298.photobucket.com/albums/ag46/michaelgbemis/photo6_zps802728dc.jpg

#18 ·
Taking after our fellow member NathanScott, I decided to delve into the realm of performing the Black Headlight Mod on my lights for my 2012 CTS V Sedan. I did this in large amounts with my partner for my former Toyota Tundra and members of our other forum. All in all, we probably performed between 100-125 truck sets. With that being said, we have had great success in not only Tundra lights, but also other brands of vehicles like Lexus, Ford, and Nissan.

After posting a random post on "***************" I made contact with Ben at Weapon X. He is going to be our first customer in performing this mod. His lights are being shipped to us now, but below I have posted a few pics of the work being done in process, and some of the finished product.

We take apart all the lights by heating them in the oven, take out all old glue. We take the interior housing apart and paint the interior in either gloss, matte, or textured black. We also can tint the amber vertical lenses and the DRLs. As you can see in my pictures, I tinted the amber lense, but did not tint the DRL's. Ben is going to have the same light set up as me, but his DRL's are going to be tinted. My lights have the Textured black paint. Once the paint has dried and cured, they are resealed with a window grade retrofit adhesive made specifically for lights, and then reheated to set and cure the lights bond.

Aside from just doing the black headlight mod, we also can install Halo's in the lights at the same time they are apart. They come in a standard four ring halo set, 2 for each light. They will be wired and left with the lines to be hard wired and run into your interior control.

For those of you interested we will be offering this service at a nominal fee compared to some of the big shops that other members have had nominal success with (not naming any names). But the most important thing is that we DO NOT CUT the housing or lenses, Like the others do!

For a standard BHLM service we are doing both headlights with your choice of paint finish in either Gloss, Matte, Or textured for $350

For the Standard BHLM with the amber lense tinted as seen in pictures below add $25, or $375

For Standard BHLM with tinted ambers AND tinted DRL's add another $25, or $400

Standard turn around time for just BHLM's is 2-3 days once we recieve them.

For those of you that want Halo's installed on your lights, this money must be paid up front because we do not keep the rings in stock and are ordered for each set of lights. The light kits with installation and the BHLM performed to the ring of Halos is $400, plus cost of whichever BHL modifications you choose. Turn around time for lights with Halos installed is 4-5 days once we recieve lights.

Reservations will be taken on a first come first serve basis. We will be performing two sets a week starting the week of 2/10/13. Money is fully refundable if you choose to cancel your reservation.

If you are intersted in setting up a reservation, please email me at Michaelgbemis@gmail.com, include your desired date you wish to ship and have performed, your desired paint finish, and any other ala carte mods you would like done.

Be sure to check out this thread for more pics as we finish Ben's lights and other members!

Cheers!
Mike aka THe Dark Knight

http://i1298.photobucket.com/albums/...ps8d19e81c.jpg
http://i1298.photobucket.com/albums/...psf2feadf8.jpg
http://i1298.photobucket.com/albums/...psd7238721.jpg
http://i1298.photobucket.com/albums/...psf9a986dc.jpg
Attached Thumbnails

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.