Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Camaro wheels

70K views 79 replies 2 participants last post by  mrathell 
#1 ·
I have an opportunity to pick up a set of 19 inch rims off a 2010 Camaro rims

I have an 08 CTS4 (AWD

From what I read the camaro rims are either a 35 or 38mm offset and I believe mine are a 40mm offset. So will these fit.

How do you guys think they will look. I kind of like the bulkiness of them and the fact the are polished not chrome (just personal preference) I think they like huge and I kind of like not having to go to a 20 inch rim and 35 profile tire, I can get a 40 and even maybe a 45 to keep my smooth ride

Here are the rims
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=31359

I might get the inside of the spokes painted black. by the way this is not the add, I just found this ones for sale but the ones I can get are the same

Any photo shoppers out there? My car is black and I can slap on a set of 255 40 19 from I have been told, probably Continental Extreme Contact DW

Thanks in advance

Attachments

See less See more
#2 · (Edited)
I'd be interested to know this question also. A 35 or 38mm offset will put them farther towards the fender lip than your 40mm offset.
My guess is it would probably work, but that's up to you to test it.
If you feel like that you have the space between your current tires and fender lips and can lose an extra 2-5mm of clearance, then give it a try.

#6 ·
I don't believe that's correct. I believe that the true offset of the 08 AWD is 45mm. if the rims you're looking at are 38mm then you should be okay, if they're 35mm then it may be close to causing you some issues. The other question is what width are your stock wheels versus the camaro wheels? My 09 AWD are 8.5" wide but I thought in reading some ads for the camaro wheels that they are only 8" wide. If you want a good tool to help with offset calculations check out 1010tires website and use their offset calculator then use a metric conversion tool to see the difference in inches. based on all things being equal 8.5" rim width on both sets the difference in a 35mm wheel would be: inner clearance would increase by 10mm and outer clearance would decrease by 10mm or 0.3937". 38mm would be: inner clearance increase of 7mm and outer clearance decreased by 7mm or 0.27559"

If the camaro wheels are 8" wide then with a 35mm offset you're looking at an inner clearance increase of 16mm or 0.62992" and an outer clearance decrease of 4mm or 0.15748". 38mm offset would result in an inner clearance increase of 13mm or 0.51181" and an outer clearance decrease of 1mm or 0.03937".

#7 ·
WOW that was some great insight. Not sure what it all means and I might have to read it a few more time but I sincerly appreciate the help. I am going to have to write this down and grab a calculator to understand all of it, but better safe than sorry when buying rims for sure

Thanks

#8 ·
basically just double check the width of the camaro wheels in comparison to your stock wheels. Then verify the offset of each. from the info i used it would appear that the camaro wheels will sit anywhere from about 1/4" - 1/2" farther away from the strut/spring, and anywhere from less than 1/8" - a little more than 1/2" farther out toward the fender.

#11 ·
hey fellas,

This is my first post on the this forum. Just curious if camaro SS wheels will fit a CTS Coupe? I have the summer time pkg. The camaro SS wheels are 5x120, 20x8 +35 F, 20x9.5 +45 R.

Just seeing if anyone had first hand experience will fitting them on our cars. Worried about the caliber clearance.

#12 ·
They just might. My experience with the CTS and alternate rims has been that it's all a matter of clearance over the caliper more than anything. Of course, that's an issue at the stock 18" and seems to be much less of an issue at 20"... at least judging from other's here on the forums. The Camaro SS wheels are popular with the G8 crowd so it's certainly possible it might work on the CTS too. I do not, however, recall ever seeing any pics of a CTS with the SS wheels on before so you may just have to try it and experiment. The good news is that a helpful GM dealer might be able to find out without much trouble - just a matter of taking one off an SS on the lot and sliding it into place on your CTS. For the price GM charges for OEM wheels you'd think they'd be willing to do that for you for the sale.

-dolynick

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.