Cadillac Owners Forum banner

'77 Seville In-Tank Fuel Pump Module replacement (complete) -- or "Go Fish" ???

2K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  carnut 
#1 ·
'77 Seville In-Tank Fuel Pump Module replacement (complete) -- or "Go Fish" ???

I'm having a helluva time finding a COMPLETE In-Tank Fuel Pump Module that includes the Fuel Level Sensor, etc. so I joined this forum to find some help...

I'm helping an old friend get his '77 Seville up 'n running that's been down nearly a decade, and have removed the tank for cleaning and sealing while I clean and replaced the fuel system lines and source replacements of BOTH Fuel Pumps (In-Tank and "Frame Mounted") as both are seized-up.

I'm hoping I don't have to try salvaging the Level Sensor Module that was in there, as it's pretty well corroded with rust, etc., for the presence of contaminated/stale fuel...the Fuel Level Sensor is apparently shorted to ground for indicating a perpetually "Full" tank.

Anyone know of a source for either N.O.S. parts or viable replacement parts?

Otherwise, the system operating pressure is 39 psi....surely there's a replacement pump available from another application that'd install directly and work at or about that pressure, or what do You know?

I've tried searching the forum to no-avail, but if there's a link or thread I've missed you know of please reply, your considerations would be greatly appreciated, thank you!

Jack Gleason Mobile Automotive Diagnosis aka "MAD JAX"

"Impossible" is a degree of difficulty...set by imagination for lack of motivation.

See less See more
#2 ·
Re: '77 Seville In-Tank Fuel Pump Module replacement (complete) -- or "Go Fish" ???

Talk to Chris in parts at Rippy Cadillac over there >>> or up ^^^ in Vendors

Same for Luke at Lindsay Cadillac >>> or ^^^

Look at the pics by clicking on the icons in www.rockauto.com (if they have '77 parts)

#3 ·
MAD JAX & "Creating Jobs" ; )

Thanks for the leads, but both dealerships referred me elsewhere -- essentially saying "Go-Fish" -- to places leading where I already was...Improvise, Adapt, and Overcome unless you can find what you need "Used" for a reasonable price...and the latter sure isn't happening!

An In-Tank Pump Module using a similar analog sender that produces 37 - 44 psi. (with 3/8" Send, 5/16" Return, and 1/4" Vapor lines) that has what appears to be a standard Fuel Tank Sender opening, and -- even if I had to shorten or lengthen the lines and wiring -- it would work, one could eliminate the frame-rail pump altogether, and -- especially if that PN's application was really popular -- someone could probably make a mint selling them as replacements!

We could collaborate on this, market it from this websites "Classifieds", and contribute 15% of all sales-profits to the site...I'll provide the "Guinea Pig" for R&D, So, Who's "In" : ?

#4 ·
Re: MAD JAX & "Creating Jobs" ; )

I've got the Tank being douched 'n sealed, rebuilt the Frame Mounted Pump (and verified it's Operation), and aquired the In-Tank Pump "Sending Unit Module" from a '82 Seville to which I'll be mounting "Todays Exchange Application" of a '77 Seville In-Tank Fuel Pump...based on what diagnosis has been performed so-far, if the Injectors aren't clogged-up and the Fuel Pressure Regulator functions correctly it should start 'n run once I get it all back together.

Identify, define, improvise, adapt, overcome...I guess we'll see here quick!

WTF...just got a msg. from the Radiator Shop douchin' the Tank saying "Call me ASAP"...NOW what's up : ?

#5 ·
Re: '77 Seville In-Tank Fuel Pump Module replacement (complete) -- or "Go Fish" ???

Well it's been quite awhile since that job was completed ~ Just for Grins:

After getting the Tank douched 'n sealed, the Frame-Rail Pump Rebuilt, an '82 Seville "Complete in-tank pump-module" (with some minor modification(s) installed, ALL the injectors rebuilt, the pressure-regulator replaced, and the entire fuel-system back-flushed-clean ~ that Caddy fired-up and ran great!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.