Cadillac Owners Forum banner

2003 nav radio upgrade

5K views 19 replies 7 participants last post by  the cadillac man 
#1 ·
Has anyone upgraded their nav radio unit to a Rosen unit? I understand that it is for the most part it is a plug and play retaining the steering wheel controls and On Star without an adapter.

#2 ·
Is a Rosen unit the touchscreen that came out in 2005? If so, the dealer swapped mine out after having to replace mine twice for the fan burning out. I think they are just plug and play, but I would verify.

#6 ·
if you go aftermarket you will lose the rear seat audio controls and the audio from the dvd player you might be able to keep the steering wheel controls but that is pretty much it from some of the adaptors i have seen it is about 100 dollars on top of the radio cost and that is to retain the bose system and rap feature and the one for the steering wheel controls has to be factored in to the price also.

#20 ·
2003escaladeowner said:
I'd like to be able to hook up my iPod to my stereo, but there isn't a data port, and in a 2003 Escalade ESV there isn't bluetooth. I'd prefer just the cable. Short of replacing the entire nav and stereo, is there any workaround?

Get a media gateway I have one and love it
I can use both my iPod and my iPhone hands free best part is the whole thing is plug and play
You can get one on amazons site

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.