Cadillac Owners Forum banner
304K views 109 replies 87 participants last post by  ocgltd 
#1 ·
I have noticed some of the information requests could be solved by reading the Owners Manual. I also know that often these are lost and/or damaged over the years.

I have located a GM site where you can download many of these Owners Manuals in .pdf format.

It my be useful for those trying to understand the basic controls of their Cadillac.

These are large files(about 19-20mb). If you are interested I would suggest trying this link, find your model/year, then right-click and "Save Target As"; to your computer.

Cadillac Owners Manuals

-George

#6 ·
Someone should download these and archive them, because I bet the site wont be up forever...

#10 ·
Hi George,

If you had a line on where to get a hold of 'Service Manuals' that would be great.

Do you have any experience doing a Re&Re on an alternator and/or AC compressor ?.
These two unit are 'shoehorned' into the engine compartment so tight, I don't even know if I can get my tools in there, let alone my hands.

Thanks,
Dale.

#11 ·
1995CadillacSTS said:
Hi George,

If you had a line on where to get a hold of 'Service Manuals' that would be great.

Do you have any experience doing a Re&Re on an alternator and/or AC compressor ?.
These two unit are 'shoehorned' into the engine compartment so tight, I don't even know if I can get my tools in there, let alone my hands.

Thanks,
Dale.
Hi Dale,
I bought mine from Helms; they are the original service manuals. My set for my 93’ STS cost $90. I just looked and they are having a sale at Helm Inc. for 1995 and prior. I would suggest ordering a set promptly before any sale stops or they run out of inventory. I have added a link to their site for you. It looks like you can get a set for $30 right now, a bargain!

The alternator and AC compressor are a tight fit. They both come out from below. There is a cover plate and a plastic shield that need to be removed then it is not to bad to remove the alternator.

The AC compressor is a little more effort. There is also a special method of bolting the AC compressor back in that must be followed, to much to note here.

I would strongly advise getting the service manuals before doing any work on your car. The money spent on these original manuals will pay for themselves the first time you use them.

The link should take you to the right manual. If you need to look up the manual again, look under Cadillac/Seville. It will not list as an STS for this product.

Helm Inc, Cadillac Service Manuals

-George

#14 ·
Well it looks like a handy site has been modified.

You now need to create a My Cadillac registration to get at the owners manuals.

_It is still free
_I would provide only minimal information to join, not my VIN.
_You can now only access the Cadillac owner’s manual year that "you own".
_Do not try to find STS, it is located under Seville.

Bummer :disappoin , but the site may still help some here.

-George

#17 ·
Hi, Does anyone have the wiring diagram for the steering column so I can follow the advice on this forum to fix the stuck anti-theft unit by bypassing it with a resistor? My car won't start and I can't afford to take it to service. It's the classic problem of a failing sensor in the ignition and I need the wiring diagram to install the resistor today. I can't afford a book.

#23 ·
growe3 said:
I have noticed some of the information requests could be solved by reading the Owners Manual. I also know that often these are lost and/or damaged over the years.

I have located a GM site where you can download many of these Owners Manuals in .pdf format.

It my be useful for those trying to understand the basic controls of their Cadillac.

These are large files(about 19-20mb). If you are interested I would suggest trying this link, find your model/year, then right-click and "Save Target As"; to your computer.

Cadillac Owners Manuals

-George
do these manual have service code interpretations?