Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Is this kit worth it?

2K views 10 replies 8 participants last post by  lilgCTS-V 
#1 ·
#2 ·
Looks like installation and dyno tuning is $1795 extra.

Seems steep to me. Cam/heads/tune/install at my shop is around $3000.

#3 ·
yeah i saw that when i looked at it again...I would do the install myself and then find someone to tune it for me close by. Im sure injectors would probably be a wise investment with it also so your not running high on injector duty...You think this would net 500 at the wheels? Whats your shop whisler?

#6 ·
I was thinking more like 430-450 at the wheels. At any rate, I want to do heads/cam/intake too, and the numbers I mentioned are what I would be happy with, as long as the torque was right up there as well.

#9 ·
IMO there is no way unless you have A LOT of supporting mods...even then I still think that is a little high. You have to consider that 540 is right up there with a Maggie and headers...with a 20% drive train loss you would be looking at about 430 to the wheels if this was true, and I just don't see that happening on stock displacement without it being miserable to drive on the street.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.