Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Subwoofers acting strange!

1K views 1 reply 1 participant last post by  leokazoc 
#1 ·
For a while I couldn't get my subs to work. I have everything hooked up now and there is sound coming from my subs. It ends up that my one speaker connector on the amp was bad so I opened up the amp, and spliced directly into the wires in there. The only problem now is that the bass is really screwed up. I can have my volume on my stereo all the way down and the subs are still going. Another thing is that the subs jump all over the place and you can hear some vocals etc coming from them. I have my LPF down far enough and everything because when I tested the amp+subs with my zune it sounded fine. So I know something is screwed up between the LOC and the stereo unit. Any guesses of what it might be? Could it be that I tapped into the speaker wires at the wrong place? I got a wire diagram of my car, 2003 DTS from crutchfield , and spliced into the wires 5/6 Subwoofer Coil 1 -/Subwoofer Coil 1 +. What am I doing wrong?

#2 ·
The amp I'm using to power my subs is a UltraLinear ULZ1001 and it is mono. The amp is fine and so are the subs. Like I said I tested them by hooking up my Zune via RCA cables. The problem is only there when the amp/subs are hooked up to the cars stereo. Like I said, the subs are playing more than just the 60hz or less. I have the LPF turned all the way down. The second problem is that the subs still play music even after I have the volume on the factory headunit turned all the way down. I believe I must be spliced into the wrong wires. I was trying to see what opinions you guys had and if I spliced into a proper set of wires.

http://crutchfield.custhelp.com/app/...llac deville

This site is where I tried to determine what wires I should splice into. Like I said I spliced into the wires at the amp, behind the rear seat, that were the same colors as the Subwoofer
Coil 1 +/-. Thanks for the help guys!
Read more at http://www.cadillacforums.com/forum...cting-strange.html?ktrack=kcplink#post2447186

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.