Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Tire Size for Team Dynamics Wheels (18x9)

29K views 60 replies 21 participants last post by  Sigfod 
#1 ·
What is the best tire size to run on the Team Dynamics wheels for those who have them? It is a 18x9 wheel, where the stock wheel is 18x8.5. Should I still run the stock 245/45 size, or go up to a 265/40 or 275/40 tire? The car will be primarily used for daily driving, with about 2 autocross events a month.

#2 · (Edited)
I went with 255/40 up front and 275/40 out back.

#5 ·
it really should depend on your usage. DD go for the same size all around to get the most even tread wear.. but if its a weekend only car.. the extra tire out back adds a noticeable bite and doesn't negatively effect the handling.. my car is a DD and i have a staggered set up with 245 in FR and 275 RE.i didn't use my own logic but i did it for the looks.:).

I would say do 255-265s all-around but i have read that depending on your tire choice you Will have rubbing up front on the inner wheel well at full lock with 265s

#7 ·
I have thought about getting these team dynamic rims as well. I will be curious to see what they look like if you take pictures since there is no center caps. The main benefit I see of picking up these wheels other than being lighter weight than stock would be the ability to run 275/40's all around without having to stretch them on the stock wheels and without having to pay for 19inch tire premiums the wheeldude rims would require. I did this with my last car, ford mustang, and ran 275's all around on 9 inch wide rims and have read other members who have done it on the gen 1 cts-v. The front may rub and may require a small spacer lowered or even not lowered; but the ability to run 275's all around would seem to be worth it on these rims. Let us know what you go with staggered or not and please post pics if you can.

Jeffthenail is a member who has recently posted about running 275's all around stating very minor rubbing.

#10 ·
No center caps on mine. Got any pics? I only run mine on track, so the center caps would never be installed, anyway, but I'm curious to see what they look like and how they fit.

As for the original question from last year, I'm running 275/35-18s R-compounds all around. I rolled the front fender lips - not sure if I really needed to, but I think it would've been damn close if I hadn't.

#11 ·
How is the best way to roll the fenders?

#13 ·
I have 275/35/18 R6s on all 4 of mine.

#14 ·
Any definite answer for a stock height/stock suspension (FG2), NON Staggered setup ? Not looking to roll fenders or have rubbing issues

#16 ·
I just bought a set of these wheels from Luke @ Lindsay and they did indeed come with center caps (but he tells you that they don't, so this must be a recent change that TD has made). I haven't installed the wheels yet, but I assume the center caps will clear everything (based on an earlier post).

A couple other points of interest:

1) I measured the wheel width and they are actually 9.75" wide. I always thought a 9" wheel was exactly 9" wide, but apparently not.
2) The TD wheels feel heavier than my CCWs (even the wider rear 19'x10") - those CCWs are super light
3) I will be running 275/35zr18 r-comps (R888s) on all 4 corners. I'm lowered, but I have had all the fenders rolled, so I don't really expect to have rubbing issues, or if I do, they will be very minor and only under track conditions.

#18 ·
Empty your inbox Tweeter.

#17 ·
My TDs came with center caps as well. They look like they can stay on even at the track (we'll find out). I'm running 275/35/18s Conti (Hoosier) Grand Am Cups.

Look like this. I've posted this picture a million times it seems. As you can tell I must like them.

#25 ·
Street tires are narrower (a 275 street tire is equivalent to a 265 racing tire) and the street tire don't have the square edges like the racing tires have.

#28 ·
Found some R888's and R1's... What's the preferred size 275/40 or 275/35 ??? BTW I haven't seen 245/40 yet

#29 ·
I would definitely go with 275/35r18 size for the rear (and all around if you can) because that matches the stock O.D. almost perfectly. If you do need to go with 245s in front, the 245/40r18 is the only 245 size that will match up correctly with the rear 275s.

#31 ·
BTW, what happens with the TPMS on these TD Wheels?
I could swear I remember reading somewhere in the faqs that the car won't go into Comp. mode without them...

#37 ·
Any downsides to running the 245/40's over the 275/35's on the TD Wheels ??? I might have a set of 245/40 cheap, just waiting for a reply from seller...

#40 ·
During the 2011 Spectre Challenge I ran 275/35r18 size r-comps on all four corners (even lowered approximately 3/4") with the Team Dynamics wheels with rolled fenders. No rubbing issues, and I was driving it hard. The front looked funny though because the tire stuck out a little bit.

#44 ·
???

i have no idea how i managed to rub a nice gouge in the side of the front fenderliners running 245/45/18...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.