Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Random misfires & loss of fuel pressure!! Help...

2K views 9 replies 3 participants last post by  hardley-etc 
#1 · (Edited)
98 deville runs rough, loses fuel pressure. Then i turn off and back on and its temporarily restored. Codes pcm 0171, 0174, 0151, & 0300 randomly sets the mil. I clear the light each time and they keep coming back. All, or one. Both mufflers broke so i understand that this could be a cause or contributor to the problem. If the car runs idle for minutes a smell of emissions enters the interior from the dash vents. Could all this actually be a leaky manifold gasket, plentinum, vac line, or stuck egr??

O2's are believed to be shot now but not sure. I did get a code once that a bank 1 sensor had low voltage but it has yet to com back since cleared. Before the mufflers broke emissions was fine, unscented and clear to pass emissins testing. Cat is not bad. No eggish scents. What is the problem? New spark plugs, was going to replace the coil pack with the one from my old 97 that was fine. But im not sure. Could also be the problem though. I am going to replace the mufflers this week but what else. If i put the mufflers on i doubt if it clears the problem completely. The interior smell could also be coming from the heavy emissions seeping from the rear pipe when the car is sitting still for a short period. But only when i put the car in gear or turn the hvac on. Please help.

#3 ·
woow. i just got the fuel pump put on where i bought the car and it started humming again a week later. i need to go back tomorrow and have them check it out. it was humming before it went out the first time. so maybe they gave me a defected one or something else is causing it to go bad so quick that they overlooked. i paid $400 plus for the whole modular assembly.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.