Cadillac Owners Forum banner

So where's the 2010 summer meet gonna be?

11K views 111 replies 20 participants last post by  thebigjimsho 
#1 ·
Des Moines was fun in '07, and centrally located, but the Davenport '08 meet was good too, because it wasn't too far from that drag strip in Illinois, but I'd like to have you all up to the Twin Cities...show you our neck of the woods!

Whaddya say? We should get the ball rolling ASAP! I'm more than happy to help plan, especially if it's up here!

#16 ·
Hey, hitting close to below the belt there! It's Caseyville you need to worry about. And most the strip clubs are in Brooklyn anyway.

I'd love to help host a meet in St Louis. Maybe we could actually entice some other midwesterners to show up, say from KC, Memphis, and Indy? St Louis is a major hub for the airlines also, and with Jesda's Priceline prowess we could probably get something right downtown and walk to all the attractions.

#6 ·
I'm down for MSP as well. Its been years since I have been there.

#7 ·
I'd come to Minneapolis, but I'd fly since I don't want to put another 5,000 miles on the Seville and eat up all of my vacation time (not to say I wouldn't drive to a meet in the future). Des Moines would be fine, too. In that case, I'd probably still fly to MSP and drive down with Chad. Airfares to smaller cities like Des Moines tend to be way higher than major hubs.

Of course, if any of you guys get out to the Pacific Northwest, you're always welcome.

#8 ·
So MSP is the majority today. If we still want MSP in a month or two, I'll get something planned for May-June...

#10 ·
Too long to wait. We can do a spring meet & a summer meet.

#14 ·
We can go see the nice parts of the Twin Cities (and I don't just mean Frog-town or North Minneapolis) if we do the meet up here. :D

#18 ·
I Ever been to Embarrass? You can hit 105 in a Chevy Corsica on some of those small country roads...
I have not, but the name it's self warrants a visit. I see it's directly north of Duluth.

#21 ·
It's so weird how different northern and southern MN are. In the north, you've got the great north woods, the mines, the lakes and the rustic "get away from it all" feel. In the south, you've got the farmlands, open prairies, flatlands and lots of rivers.

#23 ·
I think I saw a Beretta a few weeks ago. It might have been a Cavalier though.

#26 ·
One of my favorite toys as a kid was (I am guessing) a 1:30 or so die cast Metallic Brown Chevy Citation. To this day it amazes me that someone made a toy out of that particular car. Not sure why I loved that toy car so much. I am sure you will find some condescending parallel to draw on though :D

#29 ·
Ivenjoyed northern MN when we went through there for vacation one year. The mines are amazingly impressive and I loved the few days we stayed in Duluth.

#31 ·
I wish I could work cities in Northern MN, as it's a much more interesting and scenic area than Southern MN is. Oh well, I seem to have fairly good luck with Rochester, the 3rd largest city in the state.

#35 ·
"butt"

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.