Cadillac Owners Forum banner
1K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  CadiJeff 
#1 · (Edited)
Found a 97 sls that I can get for under $2000.00 labled w/ a "blown Head Gasket" I don't think this is the case, it leaks coolant badly but the coolant leaks from the back side of the engine compartment and it does not have to be running to leak. My personal guess is that the line going to the heater core has broken other than that the engine runs fine and the rest of the car is better than average. I am after other opinions here so post away

#3 ·
Look for any "milkskake" under the oil fill cap. Is there any water in the oil or is the oil overfilled(with coolant).Some times white goo around the top of the oil dip stick. Of course tell tail white smoke out the tailpipe. Just a few quick checks for a head gasket problem.

#5 ·
checked the oil and it looks fine, can anyone describe where the line to the heater core runs or mabe a picture also I could not find any evidence of oil/coolant around the heads and the compression in the engine seemed fine it ran smooth, I am starting to think the mech at the auction was/is a moron

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.