Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Who wants/needs a brand new Supercharged Northstar / RWD Trans?

7K views 11 replies 5 participants last post by  AJxtcman 
#1 ·
I can get ahold of 30 of these engines and transmissions. 469 HP LC3 engines. These are 100% new and GM factory assembled. Not take-outs.

Perfect for hot-rods, or in my case (what I'm seriously thinking of) is slipping this combo in my 97 Eldo and make it RWD at the same time. It would be worth the body/chassis mods required.

$8700 USD +shipping for the engine
$1950 USD for the trans
or $10,000 for the combo.

These are complete and ready to install.

See less See more
#3 ·
Here's some more information on the transmissions.

http://www.northstarperformance.com/si/05-07-30-023.pdf

They are used in quite a few different vehicles. The CTS-Vs, Chevy/GMC trucks, Esclades, Yukons, and Vettes... Although the bellhousing would have to be changed to fit the LS series engines.

I think the transmissions are a reasonable deal but the engines are a bit pricey. I want to get a transmission or two for myself.

#5 ·
They are six speed transmissions. Quantity is disappearing FAST. I checked back in with them today. 9 transmissions left and two engines. I can't invest in an engine right now but I think I will pick up at least one trans. Who knows- in a year or two I might need one. Nothing beats brand new.

#6 ·
So they are 6l80E's Im assuming. Just as beefy as a 4l80e swap into a ls powered vehicle. It's just a 6 speed version.

I guess tho that swapping a LS1 car from 4l60e to the 80e is quite a advantage to not tearing your trans parts up. So these transmissions are prolly worth getting a hold of one seeing as how they can hand quite a bit.

EDIT* so If those transmission are for the N*, then a trans from say a 99 LS1 T/A would bolt up to a N*. The bellhousings look identical.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.