Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Which T-shirt design do you prefer for the Chicago meet?

• Option #1: 1-color front, full-color wreath and crest on the back:

Votes: 4 44.4%
  • Option #2: 1-color reverse front and back

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Option #3: 1-color reverse old and new wreath and crest

Votes: 5 55.6%

Chicago Meet T-Shirt Availability

8K views 64 replies 15 participants last post by  RightTurn 
#1 ·
JimmyH and I have been working on a shirt design for the Chicago meet, and I've been getting prices. The original design had a color Cadillac wreath and crest on both the front and back, but screen printing all of those spot colors was going to be way too expensive ~$28 each.

So we have some alternative designs with pricing information:

Option #1: 1-color front, full-color wreath and crest on the back:

With this option, the shirt will need to be as close as we can get to the blue in the crest because that part of the crest will not be printed, using the shirt to provide the color. This allows us to do four spot colors instead of five and saves about $10 a shirt.

Price: $17.21 each with a 20-shirt order. If we order 22 shirts, it brings the unit price down to $16.50, and if we order 24, it's $13.07 each.

Option 2: 1-color front and back:

Price: $10.50 each with a 20-shirt order. If we order 24 shirts, it brings the unit price down to $7.50 each.

Option 3: 1-color front and back with combination logo:

Jimmy thought it might be cool to include both the current and previous versions of the wreath and crest since we'll have cars from both eras at the meet. Pricing for this option is the same as the other one-color version.

From earlier discussions, it seemed blue was the preferred color, and while the full-color version will need to be more of a royal blue, we could do a different shade or an entirely different color with the reversed out artwork.

Please vote for your preference by Sunday, August 2 so we can get the shirts ordered and produced in time for the meet.

Also, please indicate if you intend to buy a shirt regardless of which design is ultimately chosen and what size you want. We'll need quantities and sizes to place the order.

See less See more
#3 ·
Re: Chicago Meet T-Shirt Poll -- Pick your favorite

Leave it to me to complicate things: I like the front of option 1 and the back of option3. And I'll take two LARGE.

#5 ·

I like option one but I would much rather have a small Cadillac crest on the front instead of the Cadillacowners script. IMO, having the crest and the script on 2 lines under it is just too much.

#6 ·

I like option one but I would much rather have a small Cadillac crest on the front instead of the Cadillacowners script. IMO, having the crest and the script on 2 lines under it is just too much.
If we had the crest on the front, it would need to be the reversed out one-color version. Full color on both the front and the back was making the price per shirt too high.

#7 ·

Okay, now changing my mind and I'm gonna screw everything up. What if we used the colors of the third shirt but instead of that odd looking split logo we just had an old logo on the front and the new logo on the back?

#11 ·

Do I get two votes if I buy two shirts?

#14 ·

I pick option 3. One Large and One Medium.

Let me know how to pay...

#16 ·

We need confirmations today on the Tshirts. I am going to front the money to buy them, and everyone can pay cash at the meet.

I thought about paypal, but they take 4%, and it's ridiculous to give them money.

#17 ·

I like the third one best, but like Jim I think it would look better with no lettering on the front.

#19 ·

Well Gary and I made the decision. This is the shirt:

Gary ordered 25 of them. They will be $13 each. Folks can decide at the meet if they want one or not. Gary did not say what sizes he ordered, so he will have to chime in on that one.

#20 ·

I guess that works for me. Great price, too.

#21 · (Edited)

Shirts have been ordered. Here's a slightly cleaner version of the final art. I happened to be wearing my Cadillac t-shirt from Auto Pride Concepts and used that as a guide for the size of the wreath and crest on the front:

With sales tax, the shirts will be $14 each (I had forgotten about that since we don't have a sales tax in Oregon). Besides the ones ordered for everybody who responded, we'll have an extra M and 2X, plus five extra each of L and XL (since those are the most common sizes). You can pay Jimmy at the meet.

#28 ·

If there's any left, I'll take one of the XLs. Not sure if they're spoken for yet.

Sorry about my absence folks, but I've been busy moving into my place in Lisle. On top of that, the ethernet port on the back of my computer refused to work after the move, so I had to buy a router and set up a wireless network (thanks Comcast!), which was low priority thanks to how busy I've been.

Anyway, I'm back folks.

Pics to come.

#29 ·

Comcast sucks major balls. They are the only company that currently offers high speed internet in my area (I can't believe an area as densely populated as mine has no DSL provider) and if another carrier ever offers service we will switch in a heartbeat.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.