Cadillac Owners Forum banner
21K views 100 replies 15 participants last post by  Canviper 
#1 ·
I know there's a few, couple active people and a couple quiet ones. Pipe in here and say hi.

1. 4DoorGTZ 05 Black/Black
2. Albertan 06 Infrared/Beige?
3. Bigbadboss101..... 04 Silver/Black?
3. SilverKast 05 Black/Black?
5. 85258 04 ?/?

Anyways Say hi and let us know what you got. Maybe on a nice Indian Summer day (if we get any) or next spring we can get together for a meet or something.

#4 ·
Goin' to da dyno... :) I cant wait to see what a crapload of exhaust money nets me....

1. Bought car, came like it is now but stock exhaust. StealthV's original tune (circa '06)
420hp, 361ftlbs

2. StealthV gets me his new upgraded (leaned out) tune, everything else the same as above.
460hp 403ftlbs

3. Kooks 1 7/8" headers, Corsa catback, QTP Elec. cutouts, MTI Racing plug wires.
Let ya know tomorrow, Going to Davenport 830am :)

#5 ·
Well not what I was expecting.... Lost hp/tq. Time for a real tune, a/f is crappy in the whole rpm range :(

#6 ·
You got some work done at RTC? How come you didn't get it tuned and dynoed there? Make more sense since he did the work and the work done should yield some nice gains.

I had my tune/dyno few weeks ago. Probably not worth it with just exhausts. Gain 19 or so hp and tq. Got rid of the 2nd gear thing but should have at least headers and some other goodies.

Regardless, loving the car. Only 329 or so hp/tq at the wheel. If it had a little more head room in the back (not that I sit in the back), 50 more hp, steering wheel controls, and AWD car would be a dream :)

#7 ·
A dyno tune at RCTS may be in the future, they just didnt have time while it was there.... I had it dyno'd at Davenport for comparisson reasons, my other dyno's were done there. I hate to say it, and maybe someone can work tuning magic but almost seems like it would benefit greatly from a cam.... the cylinder pressure seems to be leaking out early as the free(er) flow is scavenging the combustion process before its even complete. With the previous amount of backpressure the process completed as the valve opened, not after.... Wonder what StealthV might have to say.... not that its his tune, but who knows?

#9 ·
I have the firmware and with it installed I am currently using an Infinity 2007 disc. I can lend you the firmware disc, takes 5-10mins in your car then you dont need it again.... could also "find" another disc like I have for 2007, but am on my way out of town tomorrow morning. If you still want, shoot me a msg in a week or 2 to remind me before I get back.

#12 ·
Live south of fish creek park? I saw a beautiful white cts4 couple days ago, I was of course in my beater car so it was of no concern to the cts driver.... he was quite spirited, I remember he was in the fast lane, gaining speed and someone would change lanes over infront of him.... causing the cts to slow down, then go around that person. Only to get the same treatment again. I had a chuckle, but it let me see more of the car :) (nb on macleod)

#13 ·
Hey BigBadBoss, I'm curious what kind of experiences you've had in the last couple snow/icy filled days in the V with winter tires.... I recall stability/traction control doing a good job on my car during an xmas break drive to the Dyno last year (just icy, no snow) But does the weight of the car and great brakes make for OMG stops?

#15 ·
Streets are dry, most snow from the shady areas is gone.... provided next week's forcasted snow isnt much the streets might be cleaned in the next few weeks and I wont worry about taking the V out.

#16 ·
Took mine out for a road trip....to Houston Texas. Left Friday April 10 and returned Sunday April 19. 7724 KM total. Only saw two other V's, Platinum Westbound on I70 heading to Denver, I was East bound. Second on I45 just outside of Houston. Going same direction, I don't think he saw me.
Drove thru major rain storms coming back and diverted away from major Denver snow storm. Had to do major wash yesterday when I came back.
Oh I did see a V2 Black in Houston on West Grey Ave.

#18 ·
I backed up into someone last week and cracked my passenger tail light. Have packing tape on it now which is good temporarily. The dealer said the assembly is $7xx.xx Canadian and with labour it's going to be $850 ish. Will check the local wreckers and also Lindsay. I like to get it fixed instead of having tape on it but almost $900 Canadian is crazy.

#20 · (Edited)
Tail Light
Cadillac CTS RH,R.-A $D1512 $250.12
--Can--
$312.65 LKQ-Dominion Auto Recycling Can-ON(Stoney-Creek) E-mail: Daryl@DominionAuto.com 1-800-668-9593

^ Looks like $312 and its in Ontario (avoiding the border comotion) There's plenty in the states, even all the way down to $25....www.car-part.com

#23 ·
Anyone with a CTS-V that might be interested.... I currently have one spare 05 design rear axle (19k km on it), and will soon have a pair of 07 design axles with only about 3k km on them..... Should you be interested in spares for a good price gimmie a shout. And Albertan I'm getting my old diff opened up and cleaned out to see if the internals are at all damaged, you kinda seem to have lost interest in it.

Off to install my DSS axles :)

#24 ·
4 door
I kept waiting til it was going to be warmer. Then everyone seemed to be talking about the new axles, I see you bought them. So I think I'll put that project on hold. Also, I just bought a 95 318IS BMW to rebuild for one of my kids. So far I have learned that the BMW engine is WAY more complicated than a GM. Our V's have diff issues. Those cars issues: Oil pump sucking air, radiator blowing up, water pump failing, fan blades explode and I haven't even got the engine out yet. I'll see what happened to this engine soon.

#26 ·
Running laps at Race city last year it was 27c outside and we were doing 20min sessions. I got up as high as 114c oil temp, normal spirited driving I've seen 105c when its warm.

#27 ·
Went over to the Corvette show at Shaganappi today. I went to park in regular parking lot and one of the Corvette Unlimited members came over to say I couldn't park there. A guy with him knew what the car was but this guy DIDN'T HAVE A CLUE!!! So I guess not only is it invisible to cops, it's invisible to Corvette owners as well! Needless to say I didn't stay where I wasn't wanted!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.