Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Mercedez E55 vs V

8K views 20 replies 18 participants last post by  c4ss 
#1 ·
Anyone have any comments on this? A friend of mine is getting one. Will it be bye-bye time to me.

#2 ·
It its the new model then yes - I had a tough time with my mods against a E55 AMG.

you need a maggie :thumbsup:

#4 ·
I am ain't I jim. It's a 2006.

#6 ·
no one can be a Jim - It takes years of practice and dedication - I am in line for learning some of his experiences in VII day.

But with the maggie I could keep up with E55 and probably would have taken him even on the straights :want:

Mick

#7 ·
I've been looking for an E55 and E60 M5 to run for a while now. I bet I'd be damn close.

My car is deaed even with a stock SRT-10 Viper.

-Chris

#10 ·
#9 ·
My pops has an 05 E55 and we have run a few times getting on the freeway on ramp. It isn't close. Those cars pull like no other. 469hp and 520tq pretty much takes the Caddy out of contention. I do agree that on a road course it is another story. A bone stock 04-06 E55 has been known to break into the 11's in the 1/4.

#12 ·
I have raced E55's, E63's and M5's and beaten them all. The maggie is your best friend...:yup:

#14 ·
Anyone have any comments on this? A friend of mine is getting one. Will it be bye-bye time to me.
If you don't have a maggie/NOS, I don't think you're going to have a chance. I have an over-spun maggie and I don't anticipate an easy time with those cars--they are pretty fast & fairly easy to modify (last I left off, there were 3 common upgrades/stages, with stage III being 10-11 second 1/4 mile fast.)

#16 · (Edited)
I had a 04 E55, and that sucker was fast. Never got into it with a CTS-V, but I don't see the CTS having much of a chance stock for stock. I'm not going to get into tuning, because both can be tuned to an insane amount.

The 09 CTS-V, won't be touched by anything Benz has to offer, except for the SLR and the CLK DTM.

#20 ·
The 09 CTS-V, won't be touched by anything Benz has to offer, except for the SLR and the CLK DTM.
I'll be very curious to see how that car performs. 4400lbs, 550hp and manually shifted (no DCT or AMT - dual clutch or automated manual trannys). On the road circuit, the weight and weight distribution will kill it.

I think the 1st gen. CTS-V is one of the best overall packages around. Even makes the new G8 seem questionable.

#18 ·
the other day on a fairly open road.. I saw a car coming slowly, then fast in my rearview, he noticed me and punched it. I knew it was mercedes by the grill but not e55 AMG- until he got past me. I caught back up momentarily due to car in distance in left lane. he slowed down, back up and blew past me again although I was pulling very hard. I have no mods but was still suprised. 1st car since I got the V to run with me at any high speed. they are fast.

#21 ·
I know this thread's old, but the SAME thing happened to me. the E55 was the first car to pull on me since I got my V. Right on the New Jersey Parkway right out of a tollbooth. I couldn't believe it for a minute until he went by me and I saw it was an AMG. guy even waved as he was passing me. taste of my own medicine i guess haha.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.