Cadillac Owners Forum banner
14K views 91 replies 34 participants last post by  CVP33 
#1 ·
just could not take all the rattles and a stick in Brooklyn NY is hell!!! ...anyway when i had the v i would look at posts about people beating srt8 and getting hyped now i love story's about srt8 beating V's

we are all crazy people whatever car we have it has to be the best !!!!!

#3 ·
Is it really the car the "V" is? My 04 was tight , don't understand the rattle stuff. I have heard guys complaining about them. I took a SRT for a test ride and didn't like it at all, handling, ride, breaks and so on. I will say the SRT-8 is a faster car though. Good luck with in any case.

#4 ·
the 300c is nice if you wanna slap on some massive wheels, and cruise the town...But if and when you wanna whip around town in style, you will be more than welcomed to the group.

I have some friends here that have the 300c and even the charger. Both are HEAVY...the poor little hemi doesnt stand a chance in hell...

Enjoy your Automatic tranny and private windows...

#5 ·
Good for you. I too bought an SRT-8, just the Jeep, not the 300. The whole Jeep/Chyrsler (never thought I would say it) is great. What a car, tight as can be, not a rattle of any kind, build quality and materials is FAR better, the features blow the V out of the water, the power is more (Jeep is quicker too IMHO). I can't say enough. Now granted, the SRT-8 (2008 model) has three years of innovations in it over the V but it is just such a better car. I would have to imagine that the 300 SRT-8 is the same way. Personally, I am done with Cadillac. My V went from love to dislike in a 2-3 month period as so many little things kept going wrong. It's in the dealer now for the third time in two months for another laundry list of stupid things.

Good for you, enjoy it!!!

#54 ·
I could be wrong but I think you're in for a huge surprise in regards to reliability and dealership experience with the Chrysler. See how you feel in 6 months or so.. Too bad about the Caddy, though.. I've had nothing but great experiences in all my years.. My Wife has a 300C and the experience has been our worst ever... Could be isolated, however..

#12 ·
Then simply stop listening when he brings the M5 into the clip and you only get his take on the SRT8. :) Referencing the CTSV he looked at it back in 04 when it first came out, like most american cars he dogged it. However his issues were around the bells that sound because the doors is open, keys in the ignition, etc not how it performed or drove. They put it up againt an S4 at the track.

#9 ·
On the bright side, you can always make some spare change on your way home for those looking for a cab:).
JMWY, enjoy the new ride, thanks for buying American!

#11 ·
wow! i thought different. i sold my 300C to get the V. i know it aint a SRT-8 but it still had the hemi. i wanted to get the V before the 300 but they had sold it when i went to buy it. i test drove the C and i jumped on it. i should have just waited because after a year i traded it and got my V. now im not going to lie, i do miss my 300 with the big chrome wheels, lowered, nice exhaust! just cruisin. it turned alot of heads. it was very roomy. BUT, my V is just so much funer to drive. last year i rode my bike all winter, i never really drove my 300. this year the bike comes out once a week. i really enjoy drivin the V. i guess it all really depends on the person!

#14 ·
maybe u should read my post all over again i did not say anything negative about my v experience ....but now i will i had the car for 4-5 months and i only DROVE 800 miles on it most of the miles have been driven to the dealership i could not stand to drive it i had to take my girls Lexus for that reason !!!!! now with the SRt-8 its a whole new story i drive the car all day long !!!!! sorry to bother all of you but just telling the truth !!!

as for the V looks the car is beautiful ,fast ,but just to much problems

sorry i only MADE 14 post does that not give me the right to an opinion!!

like i said god willing i will be back here when the 09 comes out

#16 ·
maybe u should read my post all over again i did not say anything negative about my v experience ....but now i will i had the car for 4-5 months and i only DROVE 800 miles on it most of the miles have been driven to the dealership i could not stand to drive it i had to take my girls Lexus for that reason !!!!! now with the SRt-8 its a whole new story i drive the car all day long !!!!! sorry to bother all of you but just telling the truth !!!

as for the V looks the car is beautiful ,fast ,but just to much problems

sorry i only MADE 14 post does that not give me the right to an opinion!!

like i said god willing i will be back here when the 09 comes out
Then just leave, why tell us. If you had nothing to offer or gain here then why even inform us of your new car unless it was to poke at us and the V. Be happy with your new car and leave us with ours.
When you trade your SRT in for the new V will you inform the 300 forums on that as well?

#25 ·
i prefer 342cforums.com
CVP33angrybastardw/300Cbarge&bannedfrombuttwipeforums.com is the very best forum out there, well except for ours!!!

#22 ·
8 months later, I'm happy with the SRT8 trade. The V is more fun on twisties and those that track would never certainly make the switch because the 300 really is a boat, but for a daily driver with the ability to occasionally floor it and scare yourself, the SRT does a great job. I miss the stick and the nimbleness, but I'm glad to be (mostly) worry free on the maintenance issues.

I'll still be watching for the 09 V though...

(and this is still the best car forum I've ever been to, hands down)

#29 ·
SD,
You are on fire bro',,, I guess I will wait to announce I traded my V today for a Magnum 4-cylinder.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.