Cadillac Owners Forum banner

How to identify if you have an AIR PUMP

29K views 16 replies 8 participants last post by  Ranger 
#1 ·
Devilles have three types from 00 to 03

The first is a single AIR pump

They have 1 relay and it has a large Valve on the rear Valve cover
The Next system has two AIR Pumps. A left and a right.

This can be Identified by 2 relays
The Third has no AIR PUMP

Sevilles have the same Three types.

The first has a Single relay and the same large valve

The next has Two relays and the large valve.

The next has NO AIR PUMP
I have no pictures.
The next and last are the Eldo's
You can not see the relays, but the valve is on the rear valve cover. They only have a Single AIR PUMP.

With AIR

Without AIR

See less See more
Reactions: TSS
#3 ·
If you have a twin AIR pump you will need to install the supplied jumper harness.

Pin 75 of the blue connector

Pin 54 of the clear connector

I will post more on this subject

#5 ·
:confused: I believe I have discovered the fly in the ointment: My late '02 STS has only 1 gray relay on the strut tower but 2 A.I.R. valves, vacuum controlled, connected by a hard plastic T vacuum line under the engine cover. Both valves discharge into what looks like a flex s/s or aluminum line gasketed to the exhaust manifold area. The rear valve intake is through a metal line which runs down behind the engine, while the front intakes through a rubber line which runs down under the air filter box.

Must have been a late change....STS2003, what about your '03?

#6 ·
This is a TSB kit. Part# 19515548--Pump AIR and Hose Asm - Secondary AIR Pump (Inlet) (DeVille and SLS or STS)

Left side AIR pump

The very uncommon Right side AIR pump

#7 ·
The Original pump and hose

The new kit Part# 19515548
GM PART # 19515548
CATEGORY: Air Injector Reactor Pump
PACK QTY: 1
CORE CHARGE: $0.00
GM LIST: $218.11
OUR PRICE: $113.42

New location for the AIR inlet hose.

Condition
Some customers may comment on the "Service Engine Soon" (U.S.) or "Check Engine Soon" (Canada) malfunction indicator lamp (MIL) being illuminated.

Technicians may find these additional conditions:

• DTC P0410 set.

• Evidence of water in the Secondary Air Injection Reaction (AIR) Pump.

• Secondary AIR Pump shorted out/inoperative.

Cause
This condition may be due to water being ingested at the secondary air injection reaction (AIR) pump inlet hose, causing the pump to short out or seize up.

Reactions: Sobitthen
#9 ·
AJ, I am really confused.
Is all your posting related to something? What is this jumper thing you are talking about? I don't see anywhere here where you explained what you are going on and on about.
Maybe you could clarify for us up here in the cheap seats?
Thanks.

#10 ·
When I build a program I need to know if the customer has A.I.R./S.A.I.
I have a Single pump and a No pump program completed. I was looking at options for the twin pump system. I thought it out and decided to run the single pump program. I did not check to see if both drivers will turn on together yet, but I have shipped out a jumper harness with the PCM for the twin pump cars.

It looks like I will have some time before I need to post the pictures that will complete this thread.

MM STS had a near death accident in a work vehicle. :helpless:

I received a hard to read Email from him. I think he was Drugged up. He post here on the forum since and I understand now.
He got hurt and the other guy is still in ICU. The leaves the PCM on hold.:cool2:

I have my camera at work and I need to take some pictures, but I have been busy. I did another program and shift kit yesterday afternoon.

#14 ·
Hey man,
Just looked at ur pics of the different AIR pump systems.....had question about bad pumps.
On a cold start I hear loud whining noise (2001 deville) for 15-20 seconds and thought it was
from the waterpump drive pulley area or BELOW.....someone mentioned in blog that it could be
AIR pump going bad. After car warms slightly it settles down and noise is gone. Any info would
greatly help.....thanks!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.