Cadillac Owners Forum banner

From Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Michigan, Missouri, Minnesota, Ohio or Wisconsin?

64K views 239 replies 97 participants last post by  paulmman 
#1 ·
Than get in here and introduce yourself to your neighbors!

#2 · (Edited)
Hi all, I'm Giz. Retired AF officer, world traveler (govt and personal), inventor, computer consultant, in-car PC (CarPC) owner, USACI SPL competitor....

Done some of everything, been some of everywhere; lived, loved, and lied a lifetime's worth, but I ain't done yet! My current personal challenge: set foot on all 7 continents (currently 2 to go and Antartica is going to be a b*tch but soon). Pick up my mail in St. Louis, but would rather be in Greece.

Dad bought his first Caddy in 1962, and there's been at least one in the family ever since. Left me his last, a 95 Eldo - told me don't spend a dime on it just drive it till it dies. And at 189000 miles I could no longer bare to torture such a beautiful piece of American craftsmanship. Traded it. Missed it. Bought an identical 96. Now customizing it as an ETC-V. I know I may never achieve true V-status, but somebody's gotta try.

Attachments

Reactions: Raydeeohh
#3 ·
That car is freaking magnificent.

Hello all, I am Chad. I'm 20 years of age and currently I'm a full time service consultant at a Chevrolet dealership in the Twin Cities. My main interests are cars of all sorts, but luxury cars are my main love, anything basically with an engine (bigger is better!), all sorts of music, most of which you could classify under the "rock and roll" umbrella label and sarcasm, I love sarcasm. I love spending time with friends, cruisin around, meetin girls, running, roadtripping and hanging out on here. I'm a classic rock/alternative nut, I've got 1561 songs on my iTunes library, all of which were bought, most on CD form.

I got really interested in Cadillacs back when I was 14, got my first (the '92) when I was 17, in December of '04 and I'm looking at gettin' something new soon, either a high end German car or an Eldorado Touring Coupe made in the twilight of their life. But whether I stay with Cadillac again or stray off, I'll be back again, with a classic sometime in the near future......maybe a 74-76 Fleetwood Brougham D'Elegance or Talisman, maybe a early '80s Fleetwood Coupe, maybe a 77-78 Eldorado Biarritz. Who knows.

#4 ·
Yup, I lurk around these parts too, up in SE WI, in a little town of Darien just off I43.

Got bit by the Cadillac bug with a 91 Deville I got from my mom and dad. They bought it 6 months old in Jan of 92, and gave it to me in Nov 02. I put 40+K miles on it and sold it to a friend and got a 94 Fleetwood Brougham V4P and since Feb 05 I have put 90K on it (It is Aug 07 now). I felt more comfortable putting mega miles on the Fleetwood than the 4.9L Deville.

I do tuning of the 94-95 LT1, and will probably start messing with more soon. It is a ball....

#6 ·
Hi, I'm Mark from Janesville WI. Checking in! This weekend I plan to take a trip to Kenosha and hit the lake for a dip and a picnic with the kids. On the way back we are going to make a stop at the world famous Brat Stop for suppers.

Yup, I lurk around these parts too, up in SE WI, in a little town of Darien just off I43.

Got bit by the Cadillac bug with a 91 Deville I got from my mom and dad. They bought it 6 months old in Jan of 92, and gave it to me in Nov 02. I put 40+K miles on it and sold it to a friend and got a 94 Fleetwood Brougham V4P and since Feb 05 I have put 90K on it (It is Aug 07 now). I felt more comfortable putting mega miles on the Fleetwood than the 4.9L Deville.

I do tuning of the 94-95 LT1, and will probably start messing with more soon. It is a ball....
Hey neighbor! Darien... my old stomping gronds, lol. I've Been to the farmers bar a few times when I was younger... Nice little place for us farmboys! :lol:

#5 ·
I am here in downtown Chicago. I like to think it is only temporary.. but it is looking like I will be here for the next 3 years :rant2:

#8 ·
When you go into the Ozarks, do you hear the opening song from Deliverance?

#11 ·
If you need a good parts guy, Dale at Country Cadillac in Delavan is a great guy. Busy as anything, but very helpful.

I thought it was 50 to post IM's. Not sure if Lord Cadillac can override, but it would be helpful to cut down on spam posts just to get the count up (Sal??? PLEASE?)

#13 ·
I just noticed this forum the other day, so here I am.

2005 Stealth Gray CTS-V, that I bought used in March 2007.

I live in Round Lake IL, which is about 15 minutes west of Great America. I work in Schiller Park, just off that little strip that connects Chicago proper to O'hare airport.

We need to get some kind of southern WI northern IL meet going!

#16 ·
#19 ·
Gary should move to Gary Indiana.

#23 ·
Is that what the smells are!??! As a kid when we traveled from St Louis to Grand Rapids, MI, we ALWAYS knew when we in Gary.....

Reactions: JimmyH
#24 ·
I grew up in Iowa, so I'll say hi.

HI!

Now I live in FLA.

Question, why are Iowa and Missouri in the "Great Lakes" section? This is the first time I've ever heard of either of them being included anywhere other than the "Midwest" It's been a few years since I've been home, but as far as I can remember Iowa & Missouri are as "Prarie" as Kansas & Nebraska.

#29 ·
Between the steel mills and the stockyards, it made me think more of a Mech Wars battlefield, a week later.

#71 ·
Guyz1996deville What plant you work at? I am Jay, from milwaukee/waukesha area, work at Harley and drive a 2001 Catera 1st owner, I am hoping Santa will bring a CTS-V, if not i am still saving up for one.
Hey guy's I live in Tosa work at Crest Cadillac and use this for my test track.
I am very very careful and save when using my test road. :shhh:
I make runs only certain days and times. :shhh:
Please do not share the location. I make safe runs. :shhh:

#35 ·
We are moving next week to Cherry Valley in Rockford, so we are going south of the Cheddar Curtain....

#38 ·
I would love an STS-V with a LS7 in it.... :)

#40 ·
I am still quite happy with my 94 Fleetwood LT1.... Gonna take a lot to get me out of it.... V8, RWD, conventional GM platform that is great for performance....

#41 ·
Hello, I'm Wes. I was just browsing around today and noticed the forum. There has been a Cadillac in the family for quite some time. Right now I've got 1990 Cadillac Seville that's getting an engine replacement come spring time. Right now I'm working on replacing worn suspension components and bushings.

After the swap I plan to start working on the body. Wet sanding and all.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.