Cadillac Owners Forum banner
42K views 14 replies 11 participants last post by  JMontrealC 
#1 ·
What is the lug pattern for the cts? also I want to get 20" rims for my car and I wanted to knwo which wheels are the best for this car

#4 ·
I'm looking into 18" rims for my '04 CTS. The rims I'm looking at are 18 x 8.5 and the tires would be 245/40/18 or 245/45/18 (most likely Goodyear Eagle F1).

Does anyone know if I would have any problems with my brakes, speedometer, mileage, rubbing, etc.?

Thanks,
jsw029

#5 ·
This calculator will answer your speedometer question, and partly answer the rubbing question.

http://www.miata.net/garage/tirecalc.html

If you keep the overall diameter close, then you just need to get under your car and look to see if the tire can grow 1cm on each side,,, or whatever amount you want to widen. Be sure to look up into the wheel well too.
The other thing to do is ask people who have already experimented with how wide you can go. Bueller?

Brian

#7 ·
jsw029 said:
I'm looking into 18" rims for my '04 CTS. The rims I'm looking at are 18 x 8.5 and the tires would be 245/40/18 or 245/45/18 (most likely Goodyear Eagle F1).

Does anyone know if I would have any problems with my brakes, speedometer, mileage, rubbing, etc.?

Thanks,
jsw029
I have a CTS luxury with 18x8.5 rims and 245/50/18 Falken ZE512 tire's... The tire fit in the wheel well is perfect. There is no rubbing at all. The overall wheel diameter is very close to factory (about 26 if I rember right) so the speedometer is right on.

I didn't have some vibration at about 70 mph... I had the balance re-checked and it's perfect. The lug pattern is 115mm on the new wheel (vice 114.3) so I think that the center is not perfect. I'm looking for a hub centering adapter to get the center right on... anybody had this problem?

:hmm:

#8 ·
smuook said:
I have a CTS luxury with 18x8.5 rims and 245/50/18 Falken ZE512 tire's... The tire fit in the wheel well is perfect. There is no rubbing at all. The overall wheel diameter is very close to factory (about 26 if I rember right) so the speedometer is right on.

I didn't have some vibration at about 70 mph... I had the balance re-checked and it's perfect. The lug pattern is 115mm on the new wheel (vice 114.3) so I think that the center is not perfect. I'm looking for a hub centering adapter to get the center right on... anybody had this problem?

:hmm:
I think you mean 245/40 or 245/45R18 for your tires. And I think you mean that the lug pattern on the new wheel is 114.3 versus the facotry 5x115.

And yes, you need hubcentric rings to curb that vibration. You'll need to contact your wheel manufacturer to find out what size the hub hole is on your wheel. The cTS has a 70.30mm hub, so you'll need this number plus the number you get from your manufacturer to find the right ring.

What wheels do you have?

#9 · (Edited)
Oopps.. 245/40 (typo).

Thanks for the info miscreant...

I have Giovanna Barbados I rims... http://www.giovannawheels.com/giovanna3/cardetails/barbados1D.jpg

They are triple chrome plated with a nice fat lip... I love the way they look. I've gotten many "Wow!" comments from them. They give the car a very unique look. I have them off right now but I'll post some pics when I get them back on (when I get the hubcentric rings).

The 18's don't really cause a harsh ride either... I think they really "fit" my car... a good compromise between style and ride quality.

#10 ·
I've just about decided on getting 18 x 8.5 Gianelle 10 Flush rims
(5 x 114.3, +35 offset) for my '04 CTS with the Luxury Sport package. Does anyone see any problems with this?

The tires I'd like are 245/40/18 Goodyear Eagle F1 but I may opt for less expensive Falken FK451 tires (they seem decent but I'm not sure).

Any opinions/suggestions would be appreciated.

#11 ·
jsw029 said:
I've just about decided on getting 18 x 8.5 Gianelle 10 Flush rims
(5 x 114.3, +35 offset) for my '04 CTS with the Luxury Sport package. Does anyone see any problems with this?

The tires I'd like are 245/40/18 Goodyear Eagle F1 but I may opt for less expensive Falken FK451 tires (they seem decent but I'm not sure).

Any opinions/suggestions would be appreciated.
The only "possible" problem I see is that the wheels/tires will stick out slightly past the fender in the front. The V wheels are 8.5" wide and 42mm offset, so a 35mm offset will stick out 7mm more. The V wheels fit pretty flush already. That would be my only concern - were they 8" wide, I don't think you'd have a problem.

#14 ·
Holy 10 year thread bump, Batman! :eek: smuook hasn't been active in over 4 years according to his profile, so I'm guessing the answer is NO.

Anyway, while I love the look of my wheels I wish I would have researched that part more. Mine are 33 lbs each and while I like the added durability, I can feel a slight power loss and have noticed a 2 mpg loss overall.
Nice looking wheels, but yeah, 33# is a heavy damn wheel!

#13 ·
I just put some 19s on last week. Tires are 245/35ZR19 8.5 Sumitomo HTR Z III (I did a lot of research on the tires and couldn't recommend them more, for summer tires anyway). Anyway, while I love the look of my wheels I wish I would have researched that part more. Mine are 33 lbs each and while I like the added durability, I can feel a slight power loss and have noticed a 2 mpg loss overall.

My advice for you is to research your wheels well and try to find the lightest 20s you can (assuming they are still durable). Also, like another guy said, don't go under 35 on the tires.

Good luck!

View attachment 198313
View attachment 198321
View attachment 198329

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.