Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Plug Wire Order-87 Ht4100

741 views 4 replies 2 participants last post by  CADDYLUVA 
#1 ·
I Have A Simple Problem. While Changing The Plug Wires On My 87 Sedan Deville I Enlisted The Help Of My Brother Who Proceeded To Pull All The Wires At One Time. I Placed The Wires Back On In The 1,8,4,3,6,5,7,2 Order But The Car Still Acts Like The Wires Are Out Of Order And Will Not Start. My Question Is, Does The #1 Placement Matter. Mine Is On The Right Rear When Facing The Engine From The Passenger Side Front Wheel. Any Help Would Be Appreciated Greatly As I Can't Move The Car Till I Get This Straight.

#2 ·
I'm very confused by your question, but the No. 1 cylinder on the 4.1's is the cylinder closest to the passenger-side tire, and it also faces the radiator.

In other words, if you're facing the engine having just opened the hood, #1 should be to YOUR left (towards the passenger-side tire) on the bank of cylinders facing the radiator.

#3 ·
You Are Talking About The Actual Cylinder. I Am Talking About The Placement Of The Wire For #1 On The Cap. All The Wires Are In Order And #1 Is Correct On The Cylinder Head But The Car Acts As Though The Wires Are Out Of Order When I Try To Start The Car.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.