Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Hurricane Gustav

3K views 18 replies 7 participants last post by  cooncat 
#1 ·
#3 ·
Re: Tropical Storm Gustav

We are coming to Labor Day weekend and this is the time for storms. Sal, Even I will keep my eyes out for this one to see which direction this one will go.
I have a feeling it's unlikely to hit Florida - but we should watch anyway. The way things look to me, it'll head towards Mexico.. That can always change, however..

#7 ·

i dont think anyone really knows what we are......As far as being uppity, since Ive lived here(6 years) we have been told that we have a direct hit coming 5-10 times, we have been hit directly ZERO...Fay was just the funniest because it almost made a circle around us with the bulk of the storm always on the other side of the eye from us.

#9 ·

I have learned after being here for over 24 years and living through 2004, to not be concerned until there is really going to be a direct hit. Yes, you should always be prepared for the power outage which is the thing I always fear the most. I live in a pretty secure building with a good roof, so I'm to scared of it being blown apart. Right now, as far as the 11pm report, Gustave is going a little bit more south. That means more movement over water, meaning more strengthening. I see this as a cat 2 or better storm. It could easily make the right hand turn towards Florida, so poor south Florida will get it again.

She we arrange a last minute gathering for you in your honor?

#13 ·

As of this morningm they are predicting this to be a cat 3 soon. They want to do off shore drilling! With all the hurricanes in the Gulf, it makes absolutely no sense to drill in the Gulf.

I too am starting to get a little concerned about this one as well. I guess I will get a little more prepared for this one.

#14 ·

As of this morningm they are predicting this to be a cat 3 soon. They want to do off shore drilling! With all the hurricanes in the Gulf, it makes absolutely no sense to drill in the Gulf.

I too am starting to get a little concerned about this one as well. I guess I will get a little more prepared for this one.
It looks like it's going to take a chunk out of Louisiana or Texas.

#19 ·
Storms lke Gustav is why I am against off shore drilling for oil especially in the Gulf of Mexico. You know that every season a major hurricane will land there and create damage to the pumps. Off shore drilling will not reduce the price of gas at all. It makes absolutely no sense!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.