The BIG Tampa Meet - 03.03.2007 - Page 7
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast
Southeast Discussion, The BIG Tampa Meet - 03.03.2007 in Cadillac Clubs, Local Chapters and Regional Forums; someone needs to finish putting this togther ...its pissing me off...
    Stoneage_Caddy is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Gobi 01 Frontier/Ishi 96 Nighthawk/Gladys 94 Deville I Loved

Re: Tampa Meat Feeler

someone needs to finish putting this togther ...its pissing me off

Playdrv4me is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 1992 STS / 2005 MB G500 / 2008 Mini Cooper Clubman S

Ill check out the parking situation at TGIF more closely tomorrow or Thursday. Its still in Tampa and in a centralized location in the city, so that should satisfy that requirement too. Only downside I know of, is that theres a club or something that opened in the same parking lot, but it doesnt get going til late at night, and even then theres alot of parking left over from Compusa and the strip mall adjacent to it.

The other thing with TGIF is that even though its not a huge restaurant, they can probably put tables together for us with enough advanced notice along the window sides. Some places are gonna be too packed inside for us to all be able to sit together, let alone park together.

Brett's Green Iguana idea also reminded me theres a Green Iguana, Texas Roadhouse, Bennigan's and Starbucks altogether with an AMC 24 Theater off Veterans Expressway. Plenty of parking too.

Anyway, if we have a consensus on TGIF soon hopefully...ill go check it out.

Jesda is offline Super Moderator
    Automobile(s): An endless stream of Sevilles.

If nothing gets finalized, I'll go to McD's and pick up 15 McChickens. I'll pay!

Knuckles is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1991 Cadillac Deville

Re: Tampa Meat Feeler -- March 3rd 2007

If I can convince my gf to come along I might stop in at this little shindig.
    It would be pretty awkward though considering Im new to the forums.

p.s. jonnyd I recognized the location of the 2nd picture in your sig! Tarpon is pretty boring but it isnt that bad. TSHS class of '06

Jesda is offline Super Moderator
    Automobile(s): An endless stream of Sevilles.

Quote Originally Posted by Knuckles View Post
    Thats what alcohol is for. You should come!

The locals should be in charge of finding a place to eat. Ian, you've been appointed to Director of Dinner. TGIF and Hooters seem to be top contenders. All a matter of which one offers the best parking and can accommodate all of us.

Brett is offline Watching the Watchers

Quote Originally Posted by Playdrv4me View Post

Brett's Green Iguana idea also reminded me theres a Green Iguana, Texas Roadhouse, Bennigan's and Starbucks altogether with an AMC 24 Theater off Veterans Expressway. Plenty of parking too.
    This is what I've been talking about. It's on Anderson Rd. And all these restaurants are fine for people under 21.

Lady Danielle is offline Lord Cadillac's Wife
    Automobile(s): No Cadillac at this time

Lets do it...lets go with Bretts idea... can we finalize this...Starbucks, dinner, movie, show ...what can be better.....haning out with caddy friends...priceless
    Help support the site! Only $5 per month! Click here!

Lord Cadillac is offline Cadillac Maniac
    Automobile(s): Cadillac Escalade

Quote Originally Posted by Knuckles View Post
    Most of us are in the same boat - meaning we've never met.. So come along.. I'm all the way in West Palm Beach, so - I don't know most of the Tampa people..

Quote Originally Posted by Jesda View Post
    TGIF and Hooters seem to be top contenders.
    I'd prefer TGIF over Hooters because of the crowd. I haven't gone to a "cool" Hooters yet.. It won't be fun after we're all in jail from having to beat up a bunch of drunk *******s joking around about our meet.
    Have an iPhone? Than you can get involved right now. Click here to download Cars Connected.

Sal read one post up...your wife I believe...we got this figured out

map of location:

http://www.mapquest.com/maps/map.adp...submit=Get+Map

jonnyd is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Chrome CTS LP, 04 Cluster, WW sidemarkers, lower mesh grille

Quote Originally Posted by Knuckles
    If I can convince my gf to come along I might stop in at this little shindig.

p.s. jonnyd I recognized the location of the 2nd picture in your sig! Tarpon is pretty boring but it isnt that bad. TSHS class of '06

Hey man dont worry about it!! I still havent really met some of the people out there, dont be scurred lol.. but seriously man it would be a good time!! hahahah yea that was at howard park...I love going there for photos...background is NIOCE! Yea tarpon is boring actually sucks but oo welll..COME TO THE MEET MAN!!!! BRING THE CADDY AND YOUR G/F!

lol guys....I am still confused on the whole meeting up process...where exactly are we meeting..hahaha. Starbucks you said??? lol im sooo confused!

humtake is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Our office used to be in the business park right across the street from the Veteran's 24. The parking lot is huge and would be a good place to meet up. They have built some new restaurants there since I last went so there is definately a myriad of choices.

Best bet might be to have everyone meet up in the lot and then take a look at what is around. Everything is close so it's easy to see your options and then choose.

We're going to go with Brett's idea - we just need an exact location...
    Have an iPhone? Than you can get involved right now. Click here to download Cars Connected.

Re: The BIG Tampa Meet - 03.03.2007

The first post of this discussion has been updated with the meeting place. If any changes need to be made, please PM me with the details. I'm not sure if I have an EXACT location spotted-out. If I don't, please let me know as I'm about to send an email to 114 Tampa Bay Cadillac Owners members...

basically this is an area with 3-4 restaurants and a movie theater. Whoever gets there first can find an open part of the lot and park there....im not sure i can give exact coordinates. if you need directions the map is in a post i made above. LOOK FOR Green Iguana, Boston's or a large AMC theater

Playdrv4me is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 1992 STS / 2005 MB G500 / 2008 Mini Cooper Clubman S

Keep in mind... the parking lot at Veterans DOES fill up rapidly on Saturday nights. (Im talkin people parking up on the grass dividers, I know cause Ive had to do it ) We will need to arrive as early as possible to miss the movie crowd depending on whats opening. I recommend parking either in front of, or to the side of Vallarta's Mexican Restaurant. On Saturday nights that is the main area that has any amount of open parking for multiple people. If thats not available, than the other option is probably all the way on the other side of the restaurants next to Boston's.

We just need to get there as early as possible.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.