The BIG Tampa Meet - 03.03.2007 - Page 5
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast
Southeast Discussion, The BIG Tampa Meet - 03.03.2007 in Cadillac Clubs, Local Chapters and Regional Forums; Originally Posted by Brett Do you mean Quaker Steak and Lube? Location kind of sucks, I was hoping for something ...
    Boombotz is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 03 Escalade, 06 SRX

Re: Tampa Meat Feeler

Quote Originally Posted by Brett View Post
    Do you mean Quaker Steak and Lube? Location kind of sucks, I was hoping for something more centralized.
    Yea that's the place, and I agree about the crappy location.

Lord Cadillac is offline Cadillac Maniac
    Automobile(s): Cadillac Escalade

Quote Originally Posted by Boombotz View Post
    I saw it before you fixed it.
    Yeah, I was on Danielle's laptop when I first did it. Is that what you meant?

Do you mean Quaker Steak and Lube? Location kind of sucks, I was hoping for something more centralized.
    Quaker Steak and Lube?!?! WTF is that?!?!

Damn, we have some cool smilies in here...

Anyway.. If you want to change the location, let's just keep the "meet" in Tampa and take a cruise from there. A bunch of Caddys on the road will be nice.
    Have an iPhone? Than you can get involved right now. Click here to download Cars Connected.

Jesda is offline Super Moderator
    Automobile(s): An endless stream of Sevilles.

Clearwater is next door to Tampa, basically. Its where the scientologists eat all the children.

I'm considering the Hilton Garden Inn North and Crowne Plaza East. Travelocity users seem to like them and they're only $100.

For a meet like this, we should all gather at some place loud, fun, and informal. Sports bars seem to be the winner.

Playdrv4me is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 1992 STS / 2005 MB G500 / 2003 STS / 2006 XLR-V

I found a pretty good spot tonight. Theres a Hooters across the Gandy bridge on the way to Largo with plenty of parking in an open area that looks to be a good size and probably doesnt get very packed due to its somewhat decentralized location.

Its also convenient to get to from any direction. If your in South tampa, you can cross the gandy bridge and veer right on 686 (Roosevelt), and its on the left side. If your coming from the North or Airport area, you can hop on 275 South and get off on Roosevelt blvd, and your just about there.

I think short of the Mall, anyplace in the tampa city limits is either gonna suck like Stoney said, or be packed to the gills like Brett said.

Jesda dont forget you can crash with me if you need to.

Brett is offline Watching the Watchers

Ok, i'm not trying to be a pain in the ass but lets pick a spot that is centrally located. Otherwise people are gonna say they are coming and at the last minute realize they have to go from Brandon to Pinellas. Thats why I suggested Green Iguana which shares a parking lot with a 20 screen movie theater(lotsa parking) and it is right off the veterans. We certainly dont have to go where i am suggesting but for the sake of getting people to show up, lets keep it in the middle somewhere. There is also a Boston's restaurant and at least one other restaurant in there.

Sal, how much are you looking to spend per night? And what type of thing do you and Danielle like to do?

jonnyd is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Chrome CTS LP, 04 Cluster, WW sidemarkers, lower mesh grille

the cadddyyyy line!!! Can't wait!!! I will meet anywhere without sea walls!! I preferably like safe areas as well...where no one will key a caddy!

Sal, how much are you looking to spend per night? And what type of thing do you and Danielle like to do?
    Price I'll leave to Danielle. She handles our finances (I don't want to know anything about it!). Stuff to do? I think we're just going to explore the area.. We've never been to Tampa...

The movie theater idea sounds pretty good - for a central meeting place.. We can hang out there for awhile, and then cruise to wherever we decide to go... If we can at least make this official, I can publicize it...
    Have an iPhone? Than you can get involved right now. Click here to download Cars Connected.

My recomendation would be the Marriot Waterside...its close to channelside and downtown...walking distance to some great places to hang out....what day are you getting in?

http://marriott.com/property/propertypage/TPAMC

yes that marriott would be a GREAT place for you guys to stay...it is in the middle of all the nice places. I recommend it...I usually always stay there every gasparilla. Nice hotel! We could throw a hotel party ind danielle and sals room!!!!!! LOL j/k

Or try this one, brand new and downtown, trolley to channelside

http://embassysuites.hilton.com/en/e...tyhocn=TPAESES

If you like the night club/dance scene try this one, it in ybor city, grittier than channelside, pretty crazy

http://www.hiltongardeninn.com/en/gi...tyhocn=TPAYCGI

be careful in ybor city!!! THUG CENTRAL!!!

I think Danielle already booked a LaQuinta.. We're on a budget!

ah...ok....well then just beware of location...try to stay around Downtown or westshore...when you zero in on it run it by Boombotz or myself, you dont want to end up in the wrong part of town

Ybor is basically a scaled down French Quarter...they are fights...but there is fun as well

humtake is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Haha, yeah Ybor is pretty bad. Imagine living there and trying to get the city to fix the roads, etc. It's a pain in the ass... luckily I'm moving soon.

The trolley lets you get from Ybor to Channelside easily so no matter where you stay you can do both. I'm an original Tampon born and raised, so I can tell you where to go if you need suggestions.

For the meet, I'd like to come out and see everyone's Caddy even if we don't go to a sports bar. I'll record the fight if I have to, but anywhere in Tampa, St. Pete or Clearwater is good with me. I enjoy getting out.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.