Cadillac Owners Forum banner
18K views 218 replies 24 participants last post by  XXL-VETE 
#1 ·
Okay! What was originally planned as a tiny little MiniMeet has grown into the Big Tampa Meet!

We'll be meeting at the Green Iguana off Veterans Expressway on Anderson Road between 5pm and 6pm. At this location, there's also a Texas Roadhouse, a Bennigan's, a Starbucks and an AMC 24 Theater.

This message will be updated in the event there are any changes..

Attachments

See less See more
#64 ·
Re: Tampa Meat Feeler

I found a pretty good spot tonight. Theres a Hooters across the Gandy bridge on the way to Largo with plenty of parking in an open area that looks to be a good size and probably doesnt get very packed due to its somewhat decentralized location.

Its also convenient to get to from any direction. If your in South tampa, you can cross the gandy bridge and veer right on 686 (Roosevelt), and its on the left side. If your coming from the North or Airport area, you can hop on 275 South and get off on Roosevelt blvd, and your just about there.

I think short of the Mall, anyplace in the tampa city limits is either gonna suck like Stoney said, or be packed to the gills like Brett said.

Jesda dont forget you can crash with me if you need to.

#65 ·

Ok, i'm not trying to be a pain in the ass but lets pick a spot that is centrally located. Otherwise people are gonna say they are coming and at the last minute realize they have to go from Brandon to Pinellas. Thats why I suggested Green Iguana which shares a parking lot with a 20 screen movie theater(lotsa parking) and it is right off the veterans. We certainly dont have to go where i am suggesting but for the sake of getting people to show up, lets keep it in the middle somewhere. There is also a Boston's restaurant and at least one other restaurant in there.

#68 ·

Sal, how much are you looking to spend per night? And what type of thing do you and Danielle like to do?
Price I'll leave to Danielle. She handles our finances (I don't want to know anything about it!). Stuff to do? I think we're just going to explore the area.. We've never been to Tampa...

The movie theater idea sounds pretty good - for a central meeting place.. We can hang out there for awhile, and then cruise to wherever we decide to go... If we can at least make this official, I can publicize it...

#67 ·

the cadddyyyy line!!! Can't wait!!! I will meet anywhere without sea walls!! :D I preferably like safe areas as well...where no one will key a caddy!:thumbsup:

#70 ·

yes that marriott would be a GREAT place for you guys to stay...it is in the middle of all the nice places. I recommend it...I usually always stay there every gasparilla. Nice hotel!:thumbsup: We could throw a hotel party ind danielle and sals room!!!!!! LOL j/k :D

#72 ·

be careful in ybor city!!! THUG CENTRAL!!!

#74 ·

ah...ok....well then just beware of location...try to stay around Downtown or westshore...when you zero in on it run it by Boombotz or myself, you dont want to end up in the wrong part of town

Ybor is basically a scaled down French Quarter...they are fights...but there is fun as well

#75 ·

Haha, yeah Ybor is pretty bad. Imagine living there and trying to get the city to fix the roads, etc. It's a pain in the ass... luckily I'm moving soon.

The trolley lets you get from Ybor to Channelside easily so no matter where you stay you can do both. I'm an original Tampon born and raised, so I can tell you where to go if you need suggestions.

For the meet, I'd like to come out and see everyone's Caddy even if we don't go to a sports bar. I'll record the fight if I have to, but anywhere in Tampa, St. Pete or Clearwater is good with me. I enjoy getting out.

#77 ·

hahahahah u said tampon. LOL!! :rofl: the thing that sucks is everything good is in tampa...I'm livin in tarpon and there is nothing to do here except play some golf and see old people lol. I would like to go to tampa most of the time but dont like driving drunk back to tarpon....arrrrgggg!!!

So where is the final destination at this point??

#82 ·

edit: Also. The Wyndham West Shore...

Thanks...
Actually that is a nice hotel!! I would try and shoot for there if you could!

#85 ·

I checked on the Jillians thing, not there! Anyway..this is my input into this whole thing. There are going to be some underage people..so the bar thing...how about a TGIF or something along the line. Cheescake was a good idea. Something thats diverse in food for us healthy eaters..but good for you fried meat eaters..and the atmoshere is casual, open late...bar if you want it.... hows bowling at splitsvile in channelside? I love bowling..Hey hows the aquarium???

#86 ·

Travelocity has some excellent last-minute deals to Florida. Click on "Last Minute Packages" at the top. A flight + rental car is $75 cheaper than a flight alone! Same for flight + hotel.

I'm going to crash at Ian's and leave Monday morning, giving me Sunday to do some sightseeing.

#88 · (Edited)

Danielle/Sal, my mom works at the Wyndham Westshore and she gets half off. Dont know how firm your booking is, but if youre interested I can find out if that applies to Friends as well as Family.

As far as the Restaurants, I really dont think the centralized thing matters all that much so long as its an easy place to get to... Hell I traveled 10 miles last night just to go to Cheddar's since Tampa doesnt have a single one. The way the roads are setup here its easy to do. 275 South empties into the across the bay communities and 275 North comes right back.

Danielle, you had a good idea with TGIF... There is one on Hillsborough Ave. off Dale Mabry highway (the main drag into South Tampa) and its got a CompUSA parking lot it shares with plenty of parking. Otherwise I really like the Hooters in Largo, or the International Mall Cheesecake factory. I did forget were not all 21... would want everyone to be comfortable.

#89 ·

Thanks..but the crowne was $65.00 our price...good deal..Wyndam does look amazing...maybe for the next meet..ill check with you first. I say Fridays..even though I want cheescake...only because cheaper....more casual atmosphere and sounds like its in a good spot for what we need...how bout input on this and a vote?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.