Florida Orlando Old Town Meet!!!!!
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 42 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast
Southeast Discussion, Florida Orlando Old Town Meet!!!!! in Cadillac Clubs, Local Chapters and Regional Forums; I have spoke with Old Town and this is organized with them. It is very important that if you are ...
    Boombotz is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 03 Escalade, 06 SRX

Florida Orlando Old Town Meet!!!!!

I have spoke with Old Town and this is organized with them. It is very important that if you are attending this meet that you RSVP by the specified date. Old Town has agreed to work with us here on Cadillac Forums and allow us our own section in the parking lot during the Saturday Night Cruz. Being that all of our cars will not meet the specific requirments to actually drive the cruz that will be the only part we are not allowed to participate in. Anyone who has been to Old Town is aware that cars go all the way around the lot for show we will be in this lot in an area set aside for us specificaly. I will be given the exact location of the lot to everyone after I rsvp. It should really be pretty cool. This place is a great family atmoshere so it is really open for one to come alone or with the family. The date organized with Old Town is for April 29th with a 4:00 P.M. arrival. The RSVP will need to be PM'd to me no later than March 31st. Please only RSVP if you are sure to attend being they have to put parking spots to the side for this. It does not matter if you have a Cadillac or not it is our section. Here is a link to Old Town so you can look at there location, directions, and things to do there http://www.old-town.com/. Any questions feel free to PM me with them. Hope we get a great turn out for this one.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

DBA-One is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2005 DeVille

Re: Florida Orlando Old Town Meet!!!!!

I was hoping this would be a Caddy meeting and not an exception kind of thing.

What do you mean by an exception kind of thing? Please explain because there can always be changes it is early nothing is set in stone.

I was kind of hoping for a pure Caddy kind of thing and not getting the "back of the lot" display. Maybe I misunderstand the whole thing? I'm just not interested in a relic show. know what I mean? We have those here in our area and a lot of those older people with the old cars are very contemptuous.

Quote Originally Posted by DBA-One
    I was kind of hoping for a pure Caddy kind of thing and not getting the "back of the lot" display. Maybe I misunderstand the whole thing? I'm just not interested in a relic show. know what I mean? We have those here in our area and a lot of those older people with the old cars are very contemptuous.
    I do understand what you are saying but on the same note. This is a really great car shows with all types of cars. We have all ready done a meet there. Though last time we did not get our own area. We have our own area, I don't know the exact location in the lot but yhea it won't be the main straight away. The problem is I have already organized several local meets with Stoney and 1 at Old Town. The turn out is never what you expect. I figured this would kinda give us what we missed at the last one by giving us all an area to park, Bullshit, hangout and show of our cars to passer bys. The advantage is there is also so much more to do. That way if the turn out isn't great we have other things to do. The bast advantage is it is free. It is hard to please everyone. I will tell you the last turn out was decent, but not all want to just meet eachother some want to show the cars. Being that I am from the same area as you I only have so much control over where it is held. It is not easy to find a place to work with a ton of cars in there parking lot and no money to show for it. I could place a call and see if they are willing to do anything for that Sunday for just us, but I would like to get some other response before I do so. I mean, I don't even know if it is possible but I know a lot of people enjoy the other cars as well. We do already have 1 RSVP for this.

Well, I really appreciate the effort you are going through on this. I'm not saying I wouldn't attend. Let's see what kind of firm confirmations come through on this. My wife just wants to hang out at the hotel spa if we went and that is fine with me. I'm looking to get more in to the Caddy community so a bunch of us meeting would be great.

I've been a member of several Mustang clubs here in the Tampa area. At the drop of a hat we could scare up a meet be it at Sonic, Wendy's, etc and the turn out was all ways good. I think I'm just spoiled by that. I know what you mean about the ton of cars and no money to show. However, there was an unspoken rule(s) buy something, don't throw your cig butts on the ground and be nice.

This Orlando thing, even though I grew up with old cars isn't my thing anymore. However, it's a great reason to get out of town for a nice trip and I know I would enjoy myself. So let us see what the response is over the next week or two. Who knows? Tons may read this and sign on.

I'd like to say again that I appreciate all that you are doing to get this rolling. I'm willing to do work myself so if I can help in any way just say the word. Above all I'd like us all in the Tampa area to try and get some get together locally. It seems as if there are loads of folks on this board from our area they just need to get off thier butts for a local meeting.

Thanks. Yhea we have had about 3 local meets and it is always like the same 4 of us! We have gotten to know eachother well. The Orlando turnout was better but not much. I can say we had a great time in Orlando though. Have you ever been to Old Town? If not ask Stoney about the race cars we rode.

Slywun is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): CTS-V

Will definitely be there, just over 1.5 hours away. RSVP on this thread or...?

Quote Originally Posted by Slywun
    Will definitely be there, just over 1.5 hours away. RSVP on this thread or...?
    PM me the RSVP. It is easier for us to keep track of the totals. Thanks

FSU_Noles is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 93 Allante, 06 CTS

Sign me up for 2 spots... Hopefully I can talk my wife into driving the CTS down so I can take the Allante. I really need to get them both clean and out again for some new pics... Thanks for putting this all together again Julie.

danbuc is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '87 Jeep, '10 Thruxton, '00 Duc 748, '01 748R (853cc)

Damn, I'll probably have the worst looking car. Mechanically, my car runs like a top, but cosmetically...it looks like I drove through the gravel pit at my local quary. Nothing but damn rock chips on the edge of the hood, cause they're paving here and there's always crap all over the road.

FSU_Noles is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 93 Allante, 06 CTS

You gonna drive down from NJ?

I am going to contact Massey Cadillac over there and see if they would be willing to give us some free stuff to give away. I will call Old Town and see if I can nogotiate them putting up a sign around us or something. This is something I have never ventured into before as far as trying to get them to go along with some free stuff so bare with me. I figure if they will donate some items to us we could give a ticket to everyone who comes and we will do a little raffel at no cost. Well we see how this end of it goes.

danbuc is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '87 Jeep, '10 Thruxton, '00 Duc 748, '01 748R (853cc)

Quote Originally Posted by FSU_Noles
    You gonna drive down from NJ?
    Crap, I forgot to change my location. I'm living in Orlando until May for school.

I spoke with Old Town and they would be OK with the local Cadillac dealership hanging a banner in our area as well as bringing in some new vechicles to show. I have now placed a call into the advertising division for the local Cadillac and are waiting to see if we can work a deal for some promotional giveaways and what not. I will keep everyone updated.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 42 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.