Florida Orlando Old Town Meet!!!!! - Page 4
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 42 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast
Southeast Discussion, Florida Orlando Old Town Meet!!!!! in Cadillac Clubs, Local Chapters and Regional Forums; Originally Posted by csason suggestions for give-aways: names and addresses of the Bucs cheerleaders (with cell phn #'s) Bucs cheerleaders...for ...
    8ball is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '05 Escalade EXT

Re: Florida Orlando Old Town Meet!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by csason
    suggestions for give-aways:

names and addresses of the Bucs cheerleaders (with cell phn #'s)
    Bucs cheerleaders...for the REAL Cadillac owners, lol...
    I like this 2

estrivera is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Black Raven CTS 2.8 VVT

Thumbs up Re: Florida Orlando Old Town Meet!!!!!

suggestions for give-aways:
    freeservice coupons...k, 200 bucks off coupons ?...10 bucks off ?
    names and addresses of the Bucs cheerleaders (with cell phn #'s)
    Bucs cheerleaders...for the REAL Cadillac owners, lol...
    I'll third that motion. LOL

Stoneage_Caddy is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Gobi 01 Frontier/Ishi 96 Nighthawk/Gladys 94 Deville I Loved

last meet i went up to the bucs cheerleaders and asked if theyd like to ride with me to the meet ...they agreed..I got 8 in my deville and transported them to the meet , i figured a car FULL of cheerleaders is the only way to travel .....it was great , they all wore bikinis and we all talked about dirty things the whole trip , they played strip poker in the back

The alarm clock went off and i came crashing back to the bitter reality that is my life .....and went to work ...

Boombotz is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 03 Escalade, 06 SRX

Wow, I think maybe I can work some parts of those suggestions. As for the cheerleader end of it I think you guys are on your own.

Alright this is what I will suggest as to the giveaways for them.

1 or 2 Drawings for a certificate for custom floor mats at there dealership.

then for each person
    coffee mug
    key chain
    T-shirt or polo
    service coupon for $10. off or free oil change

I can only suggest these things and see what they agree to. I will be drafting a letter at some point today and will post later.

estrivera is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Black Raven CTS 2.8 VVT

Which Massey dealer will you be talking to? North or South? If you need me to assist you with anything PM me. i got my CTS from Massey North.

csason is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Boom...that is letting them off cheeep...

They got folks like me and you walking in there everyday...
    die hard Cadillac fans..people who save beyond Two Chevys
    and drop 35-70 thou. on the table for one of their rides..

Just remember...during negotiations, mention that Central Florida is
    ranked as near the top five fastest growing places on the planet, there is a lot of money floating around...
    AND YOU...Boombotz, of Cadillac Forums, is delivering to them...the most 'plugged-in' 'Cadillac crazy' group of people in their area..
    a) we own already
    b) we love the cars...
    c) we are the 'internet' that they wish they could advertise on...
    d) we WILL be buying Cadillacs..and having them serviced
    e) we will be in the same spot.

Are you sure they're not paying YOU ??????

lol

Seriously, If I called the manager of Massey, and said.."I cn deliver for you
    fifty Cadillac enthusiasts...in one spot, on a weekend, etc.."

H e would probably arrange for Olive Garden to cater the whole shebang, etc..He would be stoopid if he (ok OR SHE..i have 4 daughters) thumbed his nose at such an opportunity...

I used to work for the cardiology group over at Watkins Clinic...and every
    Friday..we had FREE lunch...and at Christmas time..my kids got all kinds of free stuff...Im talkin GOOD stuff..EXPENSIVE stuff...because the vendors
    KNEW that when it came time to hand that Doc a piece of equipment..we had a choice...they wanted us to pick them.

Heck you get this thing organised, I will show, along with others..
    we can blow it up big enough, those vendors...there's more thn ONE dealer..will break their necks trying to figure out what we want.

I would throw it in their laps, bro..DONT suggest anything..

Just tell them how many people you expect, show them the RSVP list...(no #'s) and smile...and if you can speak with a senior salesman you would be better off...(the manager gets paid regardless...)

They know what we want...BUCS CHEER LEADERS !!!!!lol

btw...Im almost up to 50 posts...so soon I will be a supporting member, and able to pm you my RSVP..

If you can get enough interest, I will make some flyers and drop them off
    at the local dealer here...(where they will offer me some crap)

I have a buddy who belongs to a car club here in Lakeland, and there
    are a few Cadillac owners...they are not 'inner-nayet' people, but they love
    'get-togethers' maybe I can arrange to get them to roll..I will let you know.

Boom...that is letting them off cheeep...

They got folks like me and you walking in there everyday...
    die hard Cadillac fans..people who save beyond Two Chevys
    and drop 35-70 thou. on the table for one of their rides..

Just remember...during negotiations, mention that Central Florida is
    ranked as near the top five fastest growing places on the planet, there is a lot of money floating around...
    AND YOU...Boombotz, of Cadillac Forums, is delivering to them...the most 'plugged-in' 'Cadillac crazy' group of people in their area..
    a) we own already
    b) we love the cars...
    c) we are the 'internet' that they wish they could advertise on...
    d) we WILL be buying Cadillacs..and having them serviced
    e) we will be in the same spot.

Are you sure they're not paying YOU ??????

lol

Seriously, If I called the manager of Massey, and said.."I cn deliver for you
    fifty Cadillac enthusiasts...in one spot, on a weekend, etc.."

H e would probably arrange for Olive Garden to cater the whole shebang, etc..He would be stoopid if he (ok OR SHE..i have 4 daughters) thumbed his nose at such an opportunity...

I used to work for the cardiology group over at Watkins Clinic...and every
    Friday..we had FREE lunch...and at Christmas time..my kids got all kinds of free stuff...Im talkin GOOD stuff..EXPENSIVE stuff...because the vendors
    KNEW that when it came time to hand that Doc a piece of equipment..we had a choice...they wanted us to pick them.

Heck you get this thing organised, I will show, along with others..
    we can blow it up big enough, those vendors...there's more thn ONE dealer..will break their necks trying to figure out what we want.

I would throw it in their laps, bro..DONT suggest anything..

Just tell them how many people you expect, show them the RSVP list...(no #'s) and smile...and if you can speak with a senior salesman you would be better off...(the manager gets paid regardless...)

They know what we want...BUCS CHEER LEADERS !!!!!lol

btw...Im almost up to 50 posts...so soon I will be a supporting member, and able to pm you my RSVP..

If you can get enough interest, I will make some flyers and drop them off
    at the local dealer here...(where they will offer me some crap)

I have a buddy who belongs to a car club here in Lakeland, and there
    are a few Cadillac owners...they are not 'inner-nayet' people, but they love
    'get-togethers' maybe I can arrange to get them to roll..I will let you know.
    Thank You that was all very helpful. Now after reading what you wrote I know my letter is terrible. So for all you people who have great writing skills go at it. Desecrate mine and create something 3 x better. I won't get upset trust me. Remember I haven't sent anything this was just a starting draft. My husband thinks it is terrible and lacks confidence. You seem to have some very good suggestions. I wrote the letter before i read your post. So now I will post it and say to you and everyone else. Make the changes you feel necessary. Sell them on this . After everyone gives some input I will e-mail it to her. You have to remember one thing this is not Massey Cadillac specifically I am talking to. They do not discuss this stuff they send you to there advertising area. If you guys want it catered add it in. I don't want to be cheap but at the same point don't want to shot for the moon and get nothing. i will let everybody have input on this since we will all reap the benefits. Well here it is be gentle on me now.

Dear Kelly,

I am writing you in regards to the Cadillac Forums meet at Old Town in Orlando. The meet will be held at Old Town on April 29th, 2006 at 4:00 p.m. The RSVP for the amount of cars has to be turned in to Old Town by March 31st, 2006. Old Town has agreed to give our group an area of there parking lot during there weekly car show. They will give each of our individual vehicles a parking spot for us to show our cars then rope that area off. I was wondering if Massey Cadillac would be interested in sponsoring this event. I already spoke with Amy at Old Town who has given me permission to allow a sponsor. She said it would be okay if Massey Cadillac reserved some spots with our group to bring some new vehicles down and also hang a banner. She asked me to be very specific and let you know that it would not be on the main strip it would be only in our area. Old Town is a very large location and brings a large # of crowds. So I would recommend bringing some sales info for not only us but passer bys. As far as our group, it will be a range of all different Cadillac’s and all different years. You asked me to specify what the cost would be to you and really being that our location has no overhead cost it would just be giveaways. I was thinking that for the giveaways we could do a drawing for 1 or 2 sets of Custom Cadillac Floor Mats in which I could provide raffle tickets free of charge just to our group. Then the few other things I came up with was coffee mugs, key chains, t-shirt or polo, and a 10% or $10.00 off coupon to Massey Cadillac. I was thinking like a small little gift bag to each member of our group. Remember this is a just a suggestion. I am up for any suggestions you have, as I said when we spoke on the phone this is my first time trying to organize a meet like this and I am not sure to what is appropriate. I am thinking the group size will probably be 20 people, but it could be up to 50. I will not have exact numbers until March 31st. Which at the time, I could notify you of an exact amount of people for our group. I thought this would make for a fantastic meeting spot and if we could get Massey Cadillac on board it would make it that much better. I know everyone in our group has a love for Cadillac and anything you could contribute would be appreciated. Thank you so much in advance and I look forward to your response. I have also attached a link to Old Town in case you wanted to get a look at the location. http://www.old-town.com

Sincerely,

Julie P.

FSU_Noles is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 93 Allante, 06 CTS

Quote Originally Posted by Stoneage_Caddy
    last meet i went up to the bucs cheerleaders and asked if theyd like to ride with me to the meet
    I think there are Carolina Cheerleaders available....

Quote Originally Posted by ESPN
    Two Carolina Panthers cheerleaders who witnesses told police were having sex with each other in a bathroom stall at a Tampa, Fla., nightclub were arrested and charged early Sunday following a run-in with patrons and police. They have been dismissed from the squad.

DBA-One is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2005 DeVille

How many have RSVP up to now?

10 cars with 2 more that don't no there scheldule right now, but will be able to RSVP before March 31.

DBA-One is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2005 DeVille

That's not bad. The meet is still months away so I'm sure more will sign up. And if more new people join the forums from the area it could help. There is a younger guy in the area with a Deville I see a good bit. Next time I see him I'm going to ask if he is a member here and let him know about the meet (If he already doesn't know of course)

Quote Originally Posted by FSU_Noles
    I think there are Carolina Cheerleaders available....
    wow, geez..I am glad my quote dint include that ugleeeee... gag...
    avatar..gag...if you wanna call it that..

however, that IS funny...

Quote Originally Posted by boombotz
    Now after reading what you wrote I know my letter is terrible.
    NOOOooooo..!!!!!!

Desecrate mine
    roflmao...

You have to remember one thing this is not Massey Cadillac specifically I am talking to.
    Are you contacting...???? a website.. Cadillac.com ??? Massey.com ???

I already spoke with Amy at Old Town who has given me permission to allow a sponsor.
    that is solid gold...

Firtsly, I apologize for calling you bro...SIS lol
    Second, your letter is fine...I guess my only suggestion would be to go slow
    on the suggestions...leave that as open as possible...

And If this WERE to turn into a regular...or who knows, a POPULAR event..
    I could be wrong, but it seems that the surrounding dealerships would clamor
    for sponsorship...

but I am just running my mouth...

At this point, how many committments would you say you have ??

I wonder what kind of reaction a sales manager would have to the proposition ??

There is a new dealership in Lake Wales, I think..and the Four Corners area is serviced by them...Four Corners is the deal, nationwide, right now...tops the nation in housing starts..10 minutes from OldTown...

Julie, I wouldn't anticipate a monster deal, but you never know..I am just saying
    that if you are involving Cadillac proper, at that point, on all fronts..i.e. money, gifts
    etc.. Dont sell yourself short.
    No, I think you have spearheaded this deal so far..Carry On !

If you said..."Edit my letter or I'll scratch your car with my diamond ring..."

here's what it would look like...

Dear Kelly,

I am writing you in regards to the Cadillac Forums meet at Old Town in Orlando. The meet will be held at Old Town on April 29th, 2006 at 4:00 p.m. We are very EXCITED about getting together at this GREAT location!
    Old Town has agreed to give our group an area of there parking lot during there weekly car show. They will give each of our individual vehicles a parking spot for us to show our cars then rope that area off. Old Town who has given us permission to allow a sponsor. Our sponsor would be allowed spaces within the roped off area for new display vehicles, and a banner, table..etc..We need to be very specific and let you know that it would not be on the main strip it would be only in our area. Old Town is a very large location and brings a large # of crowds. So I would recommend bringing some goodies not only us but passer bys. As far as our group, it will be a range of all different Cadillacís and all different years. These vehicles are well kept and represent Cadillac at its finest !You asked me to specify what the cost would be to you .Old Town obviously recognizes the value of our having a 'meet' there..They being very gracious with accomodations. Being Cadillac collectors and enthusiasts, we were hoping our sponsor might help with refreshments/catering, etc..as many of us will be travelling from all over Florida. Many of our membership would love to see your new automobiles, as well as the thousands of people who visit Old Town. If you have any ideas concerning what might be nice as give-aways or the like, please let me know as soon as possible. It will help me to provide incentive and generate interest...
    I am thinking the group size will probably be 20 people, but it could be up to 50. I will not have exact numbers until March 31st. Which at the time, I could notify you of an exact amount of people for our group. I thought this would make for a fantastic meeting spot and if we could get a good sponsor on board it would make it that much better. I know everyone in our group has a love for Cadillac and anything you could contribute would be appreciated. Thank you so much in advance and I look forward to your response. I have also attached a link to Old Town in case you wanted to get a look at the location.
    http://www.old-town.com

Sincerely,

Julie P.

There Julie..I desecrated your letter...lol

wow, geez..I am glad my quote dint include that ugleeeee... gag...
    avatar..gag...if you wanna call it that..

however, that IS funny...

NOOOooooo..!!!!!!

roflmao...

Are you contacting...???? a website.. Cadillac.com ??? Massey.com ???

that is solid gold...

Firtsly, I apologize for calling you bro...SIS lol
    Second, your letter is fine...I guess my only suggestion would be to go slow
    on the suggestions...leave that as open as possible...

And If this WERE to turn into a regular...or who knows, a POPULAR event..
    I could be wrong, but it seems that the surrounding dealerships would clamor
    for sponsorship...

but I am just running my mouth...

At this point, how many committments would you say you have ??

I wonder what kind of reaction a sales manager would have to the proposition ??

There is a new dealership in Lake Wales, I think..and the Four Corners area is serviced by them...Four Corners is the deal, nationwide, right now...tops the nation in housing starts..10 minutes from OldTown...

Julie, I wouldn't anticipate a monster deal, but you never know..I am just saying
    that if you are involving Cadillac proper, at that point, on all fronts..i.e. money, gifts
    etc.. Dont sell yourself short.
    No, I think you have spearheaded this deal so far..Carry On !

If you said..."Edit my letter or I'll scratch your car with my diamond ring..."

here's what it would look like...

[/font][/size]Dear Kelly,

I am writing you in regards to the Cadillac Forums meet at Old Town in Orlando. The meet will be held at Old Town on April 29th, 2006 at 4:00 p.m. We are very EXCITED about getting together at this GREAT location!
    Old Town has agreed to give our group an area of there parking lot during there weekly car show. They will give each of our individual vehicles a parking spot for us to show our cars then rope that area off. Old Town who has given us permission to allow a sponsor. Our sponsor would be allowed spaces within the roped off area for new display vehicles, and a banner, table..etc..We need to be very specific and let you know that it would not be on the main strip it would be only in our area. Old Town is a very large location and brings a large # of crowds. So I would recommend bringing some goodies not only us but passer bys. As far as our group, it will be a range of all different Cadillacís and all different years. These vehicles are well kept and represent Cadillac at its finest !You asked me to specify what the cost would be to you .Old Town obviously recognizes the value of our having a 'meet' there..They being very gracious with accomodations. Being Cadillac collectors and enthusiasts, we were hoping our sponsor might help with refreshments/catering, etc..as many of us will be travelling from all over Florida. Many of our membership would love to see your new automobiles, as well as the thousands of people who visit Old Town. If you have any ideas concerning what might be nice as give-aways or the like, please let me know as soon as possible. It will help me to provide incentive and generate interest...
    I am thinking the group size will probably be 20 people, but it could be up to 50. I will not have exact numbers until March 31st. Which at the time, I could notify you of an exact amount of people for our group. I thought this would make for a fantastic meeting spot and if we could get a good sponsor on board it would make it that much better. I know everyone in our group has a love for Cadillac and anything you could contribute would be appreciated. Thank you so much in advance and I look forward to your response. I have also attached a link to Old Town in case you wanted to get a look at the location.
    http://www.old-town.com

Sincerely,

Julie P.

There Julie..I desecrated your letter...lol

No that was perfect and what I am going to use. If anyone else has anything they feel will make it better please suggest. I will send it in tommorrow morning. Youasked who I was dealing with it is a seprate advertising company that handles this stuff for Massey. As far as you calling me a bro that was fine. Me and my husband both use this user name. People who talk to us all the time can usually tell who it is. Anyway I am Julie. I am the one doing all the organizing for the meet. My husband doesn't have the time. It will be interesting to see what they come back with. I figured whatever it is it will be a nice touch to what should already be great. Thanks again for your help it was much appreciated. It is always good when more than one person adds imput to a letter it just makes it stronger.

you might want to make the mention at the last about HOW many folks
    we might have there...a bit more ambiguous, or something, the reason being
    is I am planning on spreading the word a bit, myself...and as has
    been pointed out by others, I would bet you will see a lot more turnout
    than expected..

See if you get any querys from them as to the amount.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.