Florida Orlando Old Town Meet!!!!! - Page 23
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 23 of 42 FirstFirst ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 ... LastLast
Southeast Discussion, Florida Orlando Old Town Meet!!!!! in Cadillac Clubs, Local Chapters and Regional Forums; Originally Posted by boombotz Amy from Old Town left a message for me that she has a confirmed 25 and ...
    jonnyd is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Chrome CTS LP, 04 Cluster, WW sidemarkers, lower mesh grille

Re: Florida Orlando Old Town Meet!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by boombotz
    Amy from Old Town left a message for me that she has a confirmed 25 and will hold an additional 5 spots for any latecomers. So we do have 5 additional spots open. Please PM me if you are interested. Thanks . I will call her tommorrow to get more finalized details.
    sweeeeeeeeet!!! glad they gave us 5 extra!!! I am going to do the chick fi la drive this weekend...lol...get that drive down!!! I think I might have driven past it before when I think about it...but we will find out

Boombotz is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 03 Escalade, 06 SRX

These are the directions to Old Town for any one that needs them.

From Interstate 4: From I-4, take Exit 64A (old exit 25A) to Highway 192 eastbound for about one mile. Look for the giant Ferris wheel at the main entrance on the right, at Marker #9.
    From Orlando Int'l Airport: Take SR 417 to the Osceola Parkway (toll road). Go west approx. 1/4 mile. Then turn South on International Drive. Go 1 mile to the light at US 192. Turn east (left) on US 192. Go straight at the next light (Holiday Trail), and the main entrance is located on your right. Look for the giant Ferris wheel!

I will give the exact location we are located in Old Town. When you have arrived at Old town there will be a light at a road called Holiday Trail you need to turn on that block. You will then follow that block to a road called Florida PLaza. We will turn left on Florida Plaza and will be the first parking lot on the right. It will be roped off for us and possible have a sign with reserved. If you look at the map below we are located directly behind building 400. I know we where discussing meeting up down the road and doing a drive in together, but I wanted to post this for anyone who was running late or didn't want to be involved in that. FSU Noles is looking into what location nearby would be best for our drive over so I will wait to here from him before I post more info on that.

As for any Tampa Members that are driving over to Orlando if we are going to do a caravan then we need to get an idea who is on board for this and exact location and time. I would like to have us at the 2nd location (still being researched) for drive over to Old Town around 4:00 so that gives us something to work off of.

I believe I have covered it all for now if any questions please PM me.

Stoneage_Caddy is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Gobi 01 Frontier/Ishi 96 Nighthawk/Gladys 94 Deville I Loved

i thought i had something worked out at a flying j truckstop at 2 ....but i could be wrong .....

tell yall what , yall meet wherever you want , i will meet amy at her door with a dozen roses ....and bring her in a real cadillac

Quote Originally Posted by Stoneage_Caddy
    i thought i had something worked out at a flying j truckstop at 2 ....but i could be wrong .....

tell yall what , yall meet wherever you want , i will meet amy at her door with a dozen roses ....and bring her in a real cadillac
    That's what I remembered too. I just wanted to reconfirm so that if any one has any question on this it is fresh. So i am defiantly on board for meeting at flying J truck stop by that RV place. What exit was it again? I know where it is but for anyone that doesn't it would help. I will let you live up the Amy thought.

HITMONEY is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 02 DTS NightVision "Sled"; Waiting For The Coup

Have fun all... I wish I could make it but I have to be in Miami Saturday mornings.

I will be looking foward to the pics... tell everyone I said hi and have one for me!!!

jonnyd is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Chrome CTS LP, 04 Cluster, WW sidemarkers, lower mesh grille

Quote Originally Posted by HITMONEY
    Have fun all... I wish I could make it but I have to be in Miami Saturday mornings.

I will be looking foward to the pics... tell everyone I said hi and have one for me!!!
    Push the pedal to the metal to make it back!! fly at like a buck eighty lol...Maybe I can meet ya at anotyher meet sometime...sorry you couldnt make it

FSU_Noles is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 93 Allante, 06 CTS

I went to Old Towne today and scouted for a place that everyone could meet locally and then head to Old Towne together. The trick last time is that we had to do a U-turn and lost half the group.

Here is a map to a shopping center in Celebration, it is located on the same side of the road as Old Towne and looked to have ample parking. There are a number of restaurants and shops around so if anyone needs a snack or a bathroom break it should be available.

Also, I would remind everyone that if you plan on partaking any of the midway festivities to bring CASH MONEY and lots of it. Just an example, bumper cars are $6 per person (single) and go carts are $6 for a single. The big rides like the drag cars or the crazy flying thing would be best addressed by Julie or Stoney. Me and my family left there around 4pm and it was just getting started -- my wife offered me a bib to wipe my drool as the hot rods rumbled by...

Here is the map... if you want your own do a search for 30 Blake Blvd Celebration Florida (that is a Planet Smoothie).

yeah i cant say enough to BRING CASH ...that was what really pissed me off last time ....NO ONE TAKES CREDIT OR DEBIT

by the way the caravan meet like discussed before will be here:
    Flying J Travel Plaza
    Address: 11555 Sligh Ave, Seffner, FL 33584
    http://maps.yahoo.com/maps_result?ad...w=1&name=&qty=

Quote Originally Posted by FSU_Noles
    I went to Old Towne today and scouted for a place that everyone could meet locally and then head to Old Towne together. The trick last time is that we had to do a U-turn and lost half the group.

Here is a map to a shopping center in Celebration, it is located on the same side of the road as Old Towne and looked to have ample parking. There are a number of restaurants and shops around so if anyone needs a snack or a bathroom break it should be available.

Also, I would remind everyone that if you plan on partaking any of the midway festivities to bring CASH MONEY and lots of it. Just an example, bumper cars are $6 per person (single) and go carts are $6 for a single. The big rides like the drag cars or the crazy flying thing would be best addressed by Julie or Stoney. Me and my family left there around 4pm and it was just getting started -- my wife offered me a bib to wipe my drool as the hot rods rumbled by...

Here is the map... if you want your own do a search for 30 Blake Blvd Celebration Florida (that is a Planet Smoothie).

Sounds like a great location to premeet. Thank You for doing that for me. I will be sending a Pm to everyone, but before I do let me run a question. I have the meet to start at 4:00 so should we have any one in the group who wants to do drive over there by 3:30-3:45. That way others who can't make the drive over can find us by 4:00 at our designated location. Let me get some input on this so we have no confusion and then I'll send the pm.

Sounds like a great location to premeet. Thank You for doing that for me. I will be sending a Pm to everyone, but before I do let me run a question. I have the meet to start at 4:00 so should we have any one in the group who wants to do drive over there by 3:30-3:45. That way others who can't make the drive over can find us by 4:00 at our designated location. Let me get some input on this so we have no confusion and then I'll send the pm.

Quote Originally Posted by Stoneage_Caddy
    by the way the caravan meet like discussed before will be here:
    Flying J Travel Plaza
    Address: 11555 Sligh Ave, Seffner, FL 33584
    http://maps.yahoo.com/maps_result?ad...w=1&name=&qty=
    Thanks stoney thats great I will also have this info in the same Pm.

It would be nice to have everyone there by 3:45. It is less only a 1-2 min drive to Old Towne from the location so that will give everyone a chance to gather and arrange parking.

It would be nice to have everyone there by 3:45. It is less only a 1-2 min drive to Old Towne from the location so that will give everyone a chance to gather and arrange parking.
    Sounds good. That's what i will say in the pm then. I have one more question for you how bad was the construction or did you even see any? Amy from Old Town told us that where coming from Tampa we would probably be best getting off exit 65(Oceola Prky) Follow the sign to Kissimie. It will bring us out by Gallow Palms and then S. International which we could then follow over to the parking lot Celebration. Just wanted to see how much construction you saw and if we are better off going in from that way.

Quote Originally Posted by boombotz
    how bad was the construction or did you even see any? Amy from Old Town told us that where coming from Tampa we would probably be best getting off exit 65(Oceola Prky)
    I come from the NE on 417 (Greenway) and I exit on Osceola Pkway, so I don't see any traffic, for you guys if you went to Osceola Pkway that would be going past Kissimmee and then back tracking by Old Towne (refer to first map I posted to find Osceola Pkway in relation to Old Towne).

I would suggest if you are not adverse to the $0.25/0.50 toll would be to exit I-4 onto 417 and then exit at Celebration (Exit 1). That would put you only about 2 miles from the pre-meet site which is in the elbow of the Celebration Pl and Celebration Ave.

I come from the NE on 417 (Greenway) and I exit on Osceola Pkway, so I don't see any traffic, for you guys if you went to Osceola Pkway that would be going past Kissimmee and then back tracking by Old Towne (refer to first map I posted to find Osceola Pkway in relation to Old Towne).

I would suggest if you are not adverse to the $0.25/0.50 toll would be to exit I-4 onto 417 and then exit at Celebration (Exit 1). That would put you only about 2 miles from the pre-meet site which is in the elbow of the Celebration Pl and Celebration Ave.

Looks good! Thanks

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.