Cadtoberfest ? All Florida Meet? - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast
Southeast Discussion, Cadtoberfest ? All Florida Meet? in Cadillac Clubs, Local Chapters and Regional Forums; If it is on the weekend, the wife and I will be there. We'll need to know ahead of time ...
    Eldyfig is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 13 Challenger RT, 11 CTS Coupe Premium, 94 Eldorado (RIP)

Re: Cadtoberfest ? All Florida Meet?

If it is on the weekend, the wife and I will be there. We'll need to know ahead of time though. She works weekends, but can get off.

Boombotz is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 03 Escalade, 06 SRX

Quote Originally Posted by Eldyfig
    If it is on the weekend, the wife and I will be there. We'll need to know ahead of time though. She works weekends, but can get off.
    Thats cool!! Your wife must have a pretty nice job. My husband puts in so many hours we don't even know what a vacation is anymore. We went to closing the otherday at 4:30 and he had to go back to work after its crazy. I guess we can't complain though because I can stay home with my daughter and he has a job.

Much in common. Wife used to stay home with our youngest daughter. We just had a closing last week, sold our house. Working on building another after we clear our land we just found. We look forward to meeting you and your husband. We were thinking about leaving our two girls with their grandparents.

Don't leave the girls. How old are they? Mine is going to be 2 in December. Well unless you and your wife are going to make this like a get away just for the 2 of you then I could understand. We are trying to keep the meet family friendly. It is easier that way because it is not easy for everyone to get a sitter especially for the amount of hours on this one. It will be very nice to meet you and your wife. It is always nice to put a face with people we talk to daily.

I guess when we know what kind of things are planned, we'll decide.

Where do we stand so far? Is Orlando the city?

I am talking to people I know with caddies to up the number of people.

I guess when we know what kind of things are planned, we'll decide.

Where do we stand so far? Is Orlando the city?

I am talking to people I know with caddies to up the number of people.
    I believe right now Orlando is the place, but I think it is still in the stage where it is up for suggestion. Usually once a place,date and time is choosen it is placed in some of our signature lines so that everytime we post people see it. This gets peoples attention that don't ever come to the meet section to look. Then Stoney usually looks at the number of people so if we are going to a restraunt or something we have an idea of table needed. I leave all this wonderful work for Stoney because he seems to do such a good job. He just pretty much knows were always in and will help out if needed. He'll give the final answer once he feels there is enough response on location to schedule.

Kels55 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTS-V

For those of you that may bring the family, Halloween Horror Nights is during October.

For those coming without the family, Universal Studios has, and I could be wrong but it's been there the last two Octobers, a BEERFEST weekend. I went 2 yrs ago, paid $35 and got to drink free beer from over 100 venders. (I know that will get somebody's attention, and may sway a few that are undecided)

Shoot, I already have two 2-day passes to Universal sitting in my watch drawer.

Shoot, I already have two 2-day passes to Universal sitting in my watch drawer.
    Knowing Universal they probally wouldn't be good on that weekend!

Stoneage_Caddy is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Gobi 01 Frontier/Ishi 96 Nighthawk/Gladys 94 Deville I Loved

lol ...well i might plany myself a getaway weekend where ill be staying in orlando for a few days (lord knows i need some time away after what happend to me tonight)....so im up for a theme park or anything....but sorry no wife or kids here ....i lead a pretty pathetic life LOL...

Once again a main goal is to have the vehicles together and that way we find each other easier , im not sure how that works in the "Goofy D" style of park and tram

what about you brett ? ideas ?

Night Wolf is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Unicycle

make sure you have hand held FRS radios...

you don't know how freakin hard it is to have a convoy of 50 cars all trying to go to the same place... who got stuck at a light, who turned off, who took the wrong exit, then if someone pisses one of the members off, we all gang up on them etc...

atleast this year there were no heavy brake checks, last year tho, we did MANY 70-10mph brake checks, and fun it wasn't, as least I know my Caddy slows down just as good as a Grand Am GT.

yeah, LOTS of cool comments from people and the announcer about the Caddy, wasn't the fasest there, but nobody cared

Quote Originally Posted by Stoneage_Caddy
    lol ...well i might plany myself a getaway weekend where ill be staying in orlando for a few days (lord knows i need some time away after what happend to me tonight)....so im up for a theme park or anything....but sorry no wife or kids here ....i lead a pretty pathetic life LOL...

Once again a main goal is to have the vehicles together and that way we find each other easier , im not sure how that works in the "Goofy D" style of park and tram

what about you brett ? ideas ?
    It doesn't work. I thought your first idea was good with that restraunt car place. I'll get online and check out what else I see. Brett said he liked the idea of Orlando maybe he knows of some other places. There is so much down there it is almost the problem of to many places to choose from.

Ok here we go. This is a definite one to think about. Me and Tom go here like twice a year. They have a car show every Sat night. Strips of stores for the woman and rides for the kids and adults of course. They have 2 race cars there that 0-120mph in less than 3 seconds its about $40 or $50 for 2 people in the car. Very cool though. Parking isn't great, but its not bad. It just kinda depends on how crowded.There is no tram service. We could probaly find a spot nearby to hang out and then can walk over or whatever.Maybe a restraunt or something,but they do have Damon's which is pretty good. Well here is the link look at it and give some opinions. http://www.orlandoescape.com/attractions/oldtown.htm and there actual website http://www.old-town.com/. They do have a lot of parking in the back on grass were it would be pretty easy to line up, but if it rains or something that could be very dirty for the Caddys. Then again some of you might want to actually show your vechicles. I don't know just something to throw in for thought.

Stoneage_Caddy is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Gobi 01 Frontier/Ishi 96 Nighthawk/Gladys 94 Deville I Loved

boombotz ...I LOVE THAT IDEA....

In fact , i think thats what we should do ....perhaps we have have to debue the deville in a car show LOL ...

unless any of us have a pre 73 it looks like firday would be the day to show a car ...

nightwolf i have a FRS somewhere , i used to use it in fairbanks ...only we orgnaized street races with them ....LOL ....i dont do that anymore ....

im also on nextel , hopefully the rest of us are too , then i can just toss out my DC number and we can run those

shit ....ive caught the nextel sickness ....i never thought this would happen to me ...its just ....so ...practical...

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.