Cadillac Owners Forum banner
12K views 111 replies 11 participants last post by  carguy16 
#1 ·
Making a new thread , maybe the other one was too old .....

I decided to take the lead and Make a time and date for a meet , Im thinking may 28th 2005 at 7 pm here :
http://maps.yahoo.com/maps_result?e...Q&csz=Wesley+Chapel,+FL+33543&country=us&cat=

Im thinking of moving this towards the bruce b downs area as we get more southbound area memebers that want to attened , please give your imput ....

If your easterly or westerly lets us know , i want to make this dead central for everyone so we can get MAX participation!!!

#55 ·
04SilverEXT said:
hey, i will be there for sure... check out my site...i got all the sweet pocket bikes and choppers ... www.xtremevision.biz
Hey,
How much do you sell the choppers for? I paid One Hundred dollars for mine. I was at my storage unit in my town and the guy right next to me sells them also out of a storage unit. He came up to me and ask me to take my pick for a hundred dollars. He had both styles. I picked the Chopper because I am a big guy. Very happy with the purchase I knew I could not go wrong for a hundred dollars. They were all brand new and I had several of my friends also call him for the same deal. All the bikes were brand new but were not put together correctly. We had to take them apart and put them back together and wire them correctly. No major problems. I got mine running for $28.00. Needed to buy a new spark plug and a new throttle cable. I just wondered what the sell for retail or cost. My friends ran him out of stock and we need more. Wondering if you could hook us up with a deal.

#56 ·
Stoneage_Caddy said:
48!!!!!

WOW i didint know them choppers would run that fast
Yea on its good days I have to play with the adjustments and the gas-oil mixture. Also when I get my top speed up I lose my pick up speed. I have had it past 50MPH before but was going down a florida hill. Were my father in law lives it is hilly. I have found a happy medium and top speed is close to 45MpH. The guy I bought it from said his friend has his adjusted to 60 MPH. I haven't got that yet but still working on it.

#59 ·
Stoneage_Caddy said:
nightwolf , ive given it some thought , it would be wise for you to run the Olds down here , these lovebugs arent going to be good for either caddy ...

Plus junkyard pickings for those olds are pretty dmaned good , there everywhere

youll like it better when we convert it to a series 2 supercharged
On a serious note, it is far more cheaper for me to run the Olds... and right now, anything to save money is great as my parents will already be picking up my rent/utilitys and stuff.... it simply comes down to $90/month vs. $220/month for my car insurance, the only thing different is the '93 DeVille is "withdrawn from use" so it'll be garaged while up here.

Not only that, but the Olds gets damn good gas mileage for what it is (22/33) runs on regular gas, gets regular oil (vs synthetic in the DeVilles) and is over all a much cheaper car to run and maintain. Throw in the fact that between work and school... and living in an apartment (no personal drive way to work on car in) I will not be able to devote nearly as much time to my car as I do now. Plus Clearwater is a city.... well, compared to Clintondale, NY, anything is... but I will be parking in lots of big parking lots and stuff... so getting a door ding on the Olds will not nearly be the pain of getting one on the DeVille (which only has 2 "bad" ones... I bought it like that) Plus I just bought 4 brand new tires for it and now spent almost $500 to make it look pretty (3 more weeks... ya'll find out :) ) and I can't simply let it sit in NY..... I will move some of my sound system in it and stuff, other then that, she is good to go :)

I am gonna be in heaven at the junkyards in FL... no rust..... meaning cars from the '70's wont be rotted out as they are up here... it'll be nice. I do live close to an amazing junkyard with dozens of Eighty Eights like mine and prices are dirt cheap!... I mean next to nothing... so I am going to make the Olds a pretty nice car by the time I am ready to move. I will be putting a transmission cooler in her too as I'll be towing my 5x9 trailer, about 1,500lbs or so loaded down to FL. I am getting far more then my moneys worth from this "$500 winter car" :)

a s/c 3800 Series I (205hp/240tq.) would be a direct drop in to my car :) I always keep an eye out for one of them in the junkyard or something... as far as I know a Seires II would be too difficult to swap in (all different computer and stuff?) although it will physically fit..... lol... gosh my 1989 Oldsmbile being as fast as my fathers '99 GP GTP.... that is a scary thought :)

/novel :)

#60 ·
By the way... anyone really familer with Clearwater?

because I'll be staying at The Jasmine (really nice apartment... torued it while down there) and while I am moving down in early Augest, I don't start school until November 11th (lotsa time to really enjoy the change in atmosphere)... I will be attending National Aviation Academy at the Clearwater/St. Pete. air port, they just built a new facilty too!.....

gosh.... 5 more weeks of school... then I go to Hawaii for 2 weeks and hang out with my friend in Hawaii, then July 13th we both come back to NY, where he will stay for 3 weeks, but on the day we come back is day 1 of 5 of the anual Grand Am club meet.... picnics, racing (at the track :) ) crusing... all in the Albany area!, when that is over we are going to Lake George for 3 days, then going back to Albany to see Keney Cheesney live at the Pepsi arena, then going back to my house to relax for a couple days, then go to six flags in Jersey, NYC for a few things, see a Mets game, check out all the things in the Mid-Hudson Valley (where I live) and just have one hell of a time.... then have my big graduation/birthday/moving away party, then a week later, move to FL, settle in, get a job, and take it easy for 3 months!

gosh... this is going to be *THE* summer to remember for me!.... man so excited....

argh... I have been hijacking everyones thread lately.... :)

#63 ·
boombotz said:
Night Wolf,
I am very familar with Clearwater. Anything I can help with let me know
Cool!..... not much to do now... have any pics? lol.... but when I get down there, sure, there will be lots of cool things....

When the guy from NAA was giving us a quick tour and took us to Jasime, he was saying this small shop makes the best Cuban sandwhiches ever, I didn't think much of it, as I never had one, until I cam back to NY, and had 1 (then another and another :) ) and really like them... and it got me thinking, I wonder what they taste like at that place.

Plus, from what I heard, the pizza in FL is nowhere near as good as NY.... something with the water/dough? I dunno, but if that is the case, I'll miuss my pizza :)

Sheesh, beteeen here, and the Grand Am sit, my 2 regular forums, I will have enough buddies in and around the Tampa area, that I don't even have to worry about making new friends... this is gonna be great :)

#64 ·
Ok, your making me really home sick wolf! lol. Iam, putting in my papers today for my leave, if its aproved i'll be home from the 1st of june till the 30th of june! OH YEAH! So yeah, we gota have another meet when me and the wolf are there too. Ok now i gota work on that loan thing and get a damn car HA! Oh i really want that 69 bird! Hmm, the 71 LeMans is nice too.

#67 ·
carguy16 said:
Shit, maybe I was thinking of Winner's???

At any rate, the Winner's parking lot is a lot better place to meet up, more parking, better location...

Plan 2, meet up at a truck stop? Let's keep talking...
well i really dont know if we should change it , i dont want to confuse anyone ya know ? or even confuse myself LOL ...maybe while we there we can all talk about the next meet ...when or if to have one and where ......

#68 ·
Night Wolf said:
Cool!..... not much to do now... have any pics? lol.... but when I get down there, sure, there will be lots of cool things....

When the guy from NAA was giving us a quick tour and took us to Jasime, he was saying this small shop makes the best Cuban sandwhiches ever, I didn't think much of it, as I never had one, until I cam back to NY, and had 1 (then another and another :) ) and really like them... and it got me thinking, I wonder what they taste like at that place.

Plus, from what I heard, the pizza in FL is nowhere near as good as NY.... something with the water/dough? I dunno, but if that is the case, I'll miuss my pizza :)

Sheesh, beteeen here, and the Grand Am sit, my 2 regular forums, I will have enough buddies in and around the Tampa area, that I don't even have to worry about making new friends... this is gonna be great :)
I am original from New York (Long Island). So I understand about the cuban sandwiches. I held out for a while before trying it. The best cubans are diffently at the shop right across from St. Pete/Clearwater Airport. As for the pizza, bagels and chinese food, they can't compete with New York. I have found some places that come close. There is a pizza place right near the meet we are having, called Pizza Suprema. They have 3 locations in a 5 mile radius. Anytime you miss the home food, give me a PM and I will tell you the best place to get it.

#69 ·
Stoneage_Caddy said:
well i really dont know if we should change it , i dont want to confuse anyone ya know ? or even confuse myself LOL ...maybe while we there we can all talk about the next meet ...when or if to have one and where ......
We diffently are not changing the location. This location should be perfect for a Tampa Bay meet. It is set in stone for Beef's on May 28. While we are there, we will check the turn out and see where everyone drove from to discuss if there is a better location for the next one. We diffently need to think of a location to get a Florida meet going so we can get Jacksonville, Orlando, Ft. Lauderdale to come as well.

#70 ·
amen to that boombotz , you sound alot like i do , im really excited to see who all will make it our there and how it will go ...

Id like to have a meet at the don garlits drag racing museum i havent been there yet but as a "class car guy" on top of being a car guy i hear they have a nice selection of vitnage mopars ...this might be pretty central for everyone !!!

brett , any word from sandman for the 28th?

#73 ·
#74 ·
Well there is a small chance I won't have the cadillac for the meet. I am bringing it in for repairs. I got rearended. I ask Dimmitt cadillac how long they said 3-4 days as long as there is not more damage when they get under the lade. Even then though they think it will be repaired. So it looks good. Ill still be there either way though.

#76 ·
I went with Dimmitt because thats where I bought the Escalade. Figured since they had a bodyshop I would go there. They seem to be really cool so far. The insurance company wanted to put in a refurbished part and I was a little upset over this issue to say the least. But, Dimmitt just call me this morning and said they talked to there parts department and they said they would put in a brand new bumper face bar for the price insurance was willing to pay. This made me so happy.:banana: Don't know why there doing that but I can tell you when I'm ready to trade they will get the buisness. Nothing like good customer service. Plus the diffrence was almost $300..

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.