Spring or Summer Florida meet? - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
Southeast Discussion, Spring or Summer Florida meet? in Cadillac Clubs, Local Chapters and Regional Forums; Fortress tour, Cadillac/LaSalle Club Cruise. Good ideas so far. keep them coming, guys. What about a nice restaurant, and what ...
    93DevilleUSMC is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1993 SedanDeville (RIP), 2006 CTS (current)

Re: Spring or Summer Florida meet?

Fortress tour, Cadillac/LaSalle Club Cruise. Good ideas so far. keep them coming, guys. What about a nice restaurant, and what about hotels?

Stingroo is online now Wagon/Audio Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 92 Caprice Wagon | 01 Sonoma 4cyl 5spd | Past: 94 Fleetwood

No clue on hotels. I wouldn't be staying in one. Since it's a summer meet, I'd likely drive up for Saturday only, if I can even make it.

That is, unless my mother goes through with the plan to move us all to Jacksonville, then I'd be driving distance like I was in WPB, so I could do 2 days or whatever.

ThumperPup is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): not anymore 2007 Lexus ES350

where would this be happening i read somewhere St. Augustine ?
    im moving to Boca Raton on the 16th i know its about 4 or 4 and half hour drive from St Augustine

77CDV is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 77 CDV, 06 DTS III, 69 FWB

The 69 doesn't have CC (yet), but I have a stock set up kindly donated by GaryS. Should be an easy install. But first, I have to liberate the car from the body shop. I think the Allies had less trouble liberating France.

The-Dullahan is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): Orange And Purple Lights.

There is tons to do in St. Augustine if you like historic districts. I could spend days there and not be bored. In fact, I did!

The Lady and I went there last year, right around May and stayed at a local Bed and Breakfast. As soon as we pulled up, we were mistaken for the local Ghost Tour (Some associates of mine, guess what they drive) and then went about taking in the local scenery of Flagler college and the historic city areas. We also took the advice of the woman who ran our lodging to visit Meehan's Irish Pub, which had some of the best Beef Stew I have ever had at a restaurant.

We went through a lot of the historic buildings and the Lightner Museum and actually eventually did the walking Haunted Pub Tour (our guide seemed really interested in seeing my hearse and I in hers, but we never got the chance to share and compare) and we ended up going back to Meehan's by the end, where we made fast friends with the bartender and shared a few hundred dollars worth of whiskey with him, all at no charge (but left an amazing tip) Of course, I would not recommend that and as always, I only condone drinking if it is within your limit AND if there is no driving to be done. As automotive enthusiasts, I feel we can agree we owe that much to our cars, at least.

There are actually a lot of cool things to see and do locally and just like our last FL meet, which will go down in history, I think last-minute plans work great too.

It would be great if we could wrangle Paradox into joining us, the Ghost Tour Hearses are clones of his and mine, essentially. Also, while leaving I passed a flame-painted Buick Hearse in traffic and the coolest little Funeral Home outside Pennsylvania, which just had a collection of antique sedans and hearses sitting outside... Hmmm, that reminds me, I never checked precisely where they were again (Off to Google Earth)

Keep me posted, if I've nothing more to do and am in that corner of the country at the time, I will definitely make an appearance.

----------

Quote Originally Posted by 77CDV View Post
    The 69 doesn't have CC (yet), but I have a stock set up kindly donated by GaryS. Should be an easy install. But first, I have to liberate the car from the body shop. I think the Allies had less trouble liberating France.
    That's because they used bombs. Have you tried using bombs yet?

Sting, as per hotels, look for AAA discounts (Are you a member?) If not, find a way to get Murdock down here and bunk with him in a suite with two-bed and split the bill.

Chamus, can you talk to that Meehan's guy and see what he thinks about a small group of us dropping in on his pub in June?

The-Dullahan is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): Orange And Purple Lights.

They'll welcome us with open arms. Lovely little place.

WheelExecutives is offline Banned
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Figured I'd post in here.. looking for a v wagon to test fit some wheels on, will be paid for your time. if anyone is in south florida. hit us up!

Sounds like Meehan's is officially on the meet agenda.

Okay, ladies and gentlemen, any other ideas and suggestions? Stingroo, I think Mr. Wheel Excec. here is talking to you -hint,hint-

Stingroo is online now Wagon/Audio Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 92 Caprice Wagon | 01 Sonoma 4cyl 5spd | Past: 94 Fleetwood

Nope, not so.

Those are hatchbacks.
    The-Dullahan and The-Dullahan like this.

Lodging ideas in this link:
    http://www.expedia.com/St-Augustine-...l-Guide-Hotels
    Craig, which of these is closest to the CLC meet?

None of the above. The host hotel (where the car show takes place) is off I-95 just north of 9 Mile Road. Although, there seems to be a cluster of reasonably prices hotels off I-95 at State Road 16. Flying guess, but that would be about 7-8 miles south, looks to be about 8-10 miles inland (or as inland as FL gets).

The hotel CLC is using will be $89 a night before tax. Not bad, but the hotels ten miles away can have you at that same rate before taxes and fees. Sounds like the extra ten miles of driving isn't that bad a deal in that case.

I'd definitely recommend the hotels down the freeway. MUCH easier on the wallet, and if people split a room, it's better still.

In related news, I finally got confirmation from corporate office today that I've been approved for the two weeks in June I asked for! Now it's a question of which car to drive. If the 69 is ready, it'll make a good break in cruise for her. Otherwise, Rebecca and I will happily tackle the Christopher Columbus Transcontinental Highway, from sea to shining sea. FL here I come!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.