Cadillac Owners Forum banner

'Tis about that time again.... FLORIDA SUMMER 2011

19K views 155 replies 18 participants last post by  The-Dullahan 
#1 ·
So last year was a blast. :) Does anyone want to do it again?

I know I do. :) If so: where? West Palm again? Some place else? This is all in serious conceptual stages as of now, so fire some ideas out there.:stirpot:

#5 ·
So, major change of plan. I got word from the scheduler today that the weeks I wanted in August were not happening. So, I opted for the week of July 11-17. Still would have to fly in (not enough time to drive), but it looks like there's a Florida in my future! :)

#8 ·
Well you kids have fun. Made my reservations a few months ago for the Corvette Homecoming that weekend.

#19 ·
Roman style orgy was up on the list, but I don't think we'll have enough people to make that very interesting.

On a serious note, I just need to know whether to look for things for a large or small group. IE; If it's much bigger than last year, firing range would be difficult.

#23 ·
Some things to do that I can pop off the top of my head that are good quality examples of west palm would be...

Lion country safari
Hookah bar (Friends with manager)
Shooting range
Various restaurants
Mai-Kai is very interesting, was planned for last year I think
Ragtops museum
There's a few scrapyards, that's always fun
Some massive movie theatres
Shopping centres
We have like 3 Cadillac dealerships. That could be fun.

That was all just off the top of my head. I could think of way more.

#24 ·
We did LCS last year, it was decent but not feeling it this year.

Shooting range might be kinda fun.

Restaurants are a must anyway. Mai Kai was planned but is kind of out because they want a DEFINITE list of 15+ attendees and charge you like $50 per slot that you overbook. Not really wanting to foot the bill on that, and going there the night-of could be a 2+ hour wait (it's seriously that crazy).

Ragtops was cool. Are there any other museums in the area? I can hunt for some.

Scrapyard was funny. Lots of shenanigans occurred there....

Movies, ehhhhh.

And a pilgramige to the Cadillac dealership is a must. We didn't do it last year, we should have.

Also don't forget Tower Shops. That's a must-do. So much awesome in one place cannot be missed.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.